66

AERUM

The air around grew thicker, almost as if I could feel it, mom struggled to find an answer. Before she could utter a word, the door opened widely making a large noise and I turned to see my sister, the very image of my older one bringing a smile to my lips.

But soon enough, the smile fell when I saw her state, she didn't have spiteful eyes like before, she looked tired. Without bothering to look at me another second she turned and went up the stairs, to her old room. Why wasn't she with Jungkook?

I looked down for a second, it had been months since the last time we spoke, let alone hug. I gave a small smile to my mom who looked a bit uncomfortable, it was understood though, I couldn't blame her for our feud. Not too long till I broke out, wanting to leave.

Mom tried stopping me, but I had made my mind, it was hard when I knew Ara was trying to ignore me. It just felt too foreign.

TAEHYUNG

"Yes, dad I'm trying, I've got to go now," I said coldly to my father who was trying to help me with the business. I wouldn't lie, it was laborious, but I missed Aerum more. The image of her accepting Jungkook, ending with a hug. I felt disheartened. And when she came back home, with him, smiling even. I lost it...

I was expecting her to tell me that she had enough of me, that what Ara predicted would come true.

'You don't deserve her.'

I put my head down, waves of insecurity piling within me. I shouldn't have thrown out my anger on her, she looked sad too. My head hurt profusely, why then? Why was she with him?

Feeling tears invade my eyes, I held my face closed within the proximity of my palms, thinking if all of it was true. Then I really didn't deserve her, I wasn't good enough. Sniffling I loosen my tie and take a deep breath. I wanted to settle things with her. I want to give her another chance, I need her to explain.

The way home was nerve wreaking, 'What if she really says it? That she doesn't want someone like me.' I knocked on the door and my adorable wife opened it, warming my heart to the point where I almost smiled.

Dressed in a loose cardigan up to her thighs and knee-length socks, hair in a messy bun and round glasses, telling me that she'd been working. I couldn't think and I worked on reflex, pulling her to my embrace.

I heard her sigh when I pulled her roughly, but that didn't mean much to me, definitely not more than her warmth right now.

- - -

"Tae you could've at least talked to me over it.." she told me and I had my head hung low.

I didn't say anything, sticking to myself when I decided that I would let her speak.

"He apologized, for quite a while. It was only a few days before the camp ended that I did though, he's been nothing but a helpful friend."

She explained and I nodded, feeling the blood rush to my cheeks when I realized how dumb I had been, it was a bit hard to acknowledge that she accepted him as a friend, but even so, I wanted to trust her.

"Tae..." She called out but I still had my head hung low.

She pulled me up and looked me straight in the eye, making me gulp obviously and she smiled.

"I've told you this before, stop doubting yourself. I'm not perfect either. There are so many taller, curvier women out there who you could've been with. We all have insecurities, but the people around us make us forget about them. You make me forget, I wanna do that for you too."

Aerum smiled, pulling my chin closer, and landing a soft peck on my nose making me shut my eyes in response. I felt her embrace me and after the long day, I felt happy.

"I wouldn't want a better you Tae, I love you the way you are. So stop thinking that you're not enough cause you are." She ended and smiled at me.

"But who told you that he and I were dating though?" She asked and I shifted nervously. I knew how things were still haywire between her and Ara, not wanting to destroy her love for her older sister I smiled at her.

"Noone, I'm sorry Aerum. I should've thought over it better." I said and pulled her to a hug.

"Sure dumbass." She said and flicked the back of my head.

"Yah!" I screamed out and she just laughed jumping over making me fall back on the couch and neither of us moved, falling asleep on the couch after the horrible day.

TBC