63

TAEHYUNG

I hadn't really slept that well in the last four days, I know that she wouldn't be able to use her phone, but the fact that I hadn't even heard her voice in the past few days was hurting me more than I thought it would.

I rummaged through the fridge, taking out a few strips of bacon and two eggs, hitting my head at the late realization, Aerum wasn't here. Keeping back one of the eggs, I started to cook for myself. I hope she was eating her meals regularly, she had a habit of skipping meals, which was part of the reason why I took care of most of the cooking at home.

I missed cooking for her.

Seating myself on the counter with a glass of milk, I was just about to start having my breakfast when the doorbell rang, literally making me groan at the mixed feelings I was starting to get.

Placing my plate on the counter I jumped down and went to open the main door.

The person who I came to make eye contact with making me feel anxious unknowingly.

"Surprised?"

- - -

AERUM

"Stay still," Jungkook told me and I was itching to move, the teachers had to cross-dress today, and, me being a flat ass was the best scapegoat for the mission. The teachers handed Jungkook all the necessary equipment to look like a man, most things were done, it was only with the little mustache that we struggled.

Thinking of how the men must've been struggling made me snicker internally.

"I swear to God, woman, can you not sit still?" Jungkook asked and I stuck my tongue out at him.

Over the last two days I and Jungkook got on better terms, of course as friends, Jungkook maintained the safe distance, and we helped each other from time to time.

Hopefully, no more things to worry about.

"Get ready to present yourselves, Folks!!"

I got ready for the ramp walk, with my polished suit and tie which belonged to Jungkook, to begin with, and a fake stache.

On the other side, we saw the male teacher, dressed as, Sailor Moon. Cheers were heard from some, others, well, had their eyes covered.

Waves of laughter were heard, eventually coming to a stop as all of them collected themselves.

Moving back I felt someone rip off my stache.

"Hey!" I squealed when the pain on my upper lip grew. Jungkook smirked and threw the mustache away.

Huffing I took my clothes from the hanger and went to the closet to change from the suit. Once I was done I came out and gave Jungkook his suit back. Him smiling in return. I was about to go back when I heard his voice, stopping me.

"What's wrong?" I asked when he gazed at me, a feeling I couldn't easily distinguish adorning his features.

"Thanks, for giving me a chance." He said, talking about giving his friendship a chance. The last two days he'd done nothing but be nice, making it easier for me to deal with him.

I gave him a small smile his smile gleamed so much more than mine. Opening his arms he looked at me nervously. I chuckled and gave him a hug, a short-lived yet genuine one, he looked at me like he wasn't expecting me to give in. I bumped his nose with my pointer finger and moved out to the open, leaving him there. I felt a gush of wind, making a chill run down my spine.

- - -

TAEHYUNG

"Told you, you were too blind to-"

"Shut up!!" I yelled at Ara who looked at me with a smirk, making me feel defeated and angry. I wanted to cry and scream at her, but I knew that was exactly what she wanted. Driving us first to Ara's house I waited till she got out of the car. Driving off immediately after she was out. The first tear trickling down my cheek.

I could see her smirking face through the rearview, making me feel like dying in a car crash but be redeemed from this feeling I had running through my veins.

"Why Aerum?"

- - -

Ara

I went inside and placed my handbag on the counter, taking my headband off, letting my hair-free. I run my fingers along the strands of hair and go to the refrigerator in search of some chilled water.

Looking over I noticed a call from Mari, feeling annoyed I picked the call.

"What now?"

"The fuck now Ara, Taehyung's a mess! Can't you have your hands to yourself?" She asked and I giggled.

"He loved her more than he loved himself, too much of anything is bad, he should've known," I said after placing the bottled water down.

"You know what she meant to him better than anyone." she deadpanned and I scoffed.

"She needed to know her place, always running after me like a lost puppy, getting all the attention. I brought her back down to her place now."

"What exactly did you do Ara?" She asked me, I could feel the anger in her voice and I loved every second of it.

"Nothing much a little feeding of lies can't fix. I wanted to see her in pain, and now I'm gonna get it, so you can go an-"

I felt my phone snatched away from me and thrown to the ground immediately. Feeling the rise of anger I was about to throw hands on whoever it was, my eyes widening when I came to see who it was.

The same eyes, ones that I saw since birth.

"Mom?"

TBC

Oof some mom drama coming up