24

AERUM'S POV

I left Tae's place earlier than usual, I wasn't able to sleep for too long. I left him a note and kept a share of the breakfast I made for him.

Ara called me over and said it was important, she immediately told me that everything was okay and that I don't need to worry.

I drove back home and saw that she had just finished her breakfast. When she saw me she gave me a smile. I made my way in and kept my phone on the table before going to her.

She had a disturbed look, something that got me worried. She looked up to me and stared right into my eyes. We sat down on the chairs and she kept her palm on top of mine.

I was worried already.

"Aerum, is there something going on between you and Jungkook?" She asked me and stared into my eyes while waiting for an answer.

My eyes widened slightly and I looked at my lap for a short span of time.

I smiled and looked back at her.

"Well jealous lady, to answer your question. Other than being good friends there is nothing going on between me and Jungkook."

I said and kept smiling but the little frown on her face hadn't worn off yet.

"Lies, I can tell that clearly. Please tell me if there is something wrong. I tried talking to Jungkook but he keeps changing the topic. I don't know what to do anymore. Please don't lie to me."

She said, her eyes were still sad and nervous. I could sense atleast that much from her.

"Well we did have a little fight, but that's it. We're still good friends." I said to her.

It was somewhat true, maybe a quarter of the truth. But I couldn't tell her, she wouldn't just be disappointed at me. She'd lose herself, she'd feel horrible. I couldn't let that happen.

"Are you sure?" She asked me sincerely.

I just nodded as an answer. After a little sister chat I couldn't help but go and rant at Jungkook. Why was he being this way?

He lied to Ara? About what? She was so hurt because of him. I said to her that me and Taehyung had plans and she agreed to it. And now I was driving to his place to settle everything.

I don't care if I have to cry every night because of a guy I had a stupid crush on, but it would pain me more to see that the man Ara loves wholeheartedly cannot be the same for her.

I reached his place and knocked on his door, waiting until he finally opened up. He looked shocked to see me, he was about to shut the door on my face before I kicked the door open.

Shutting the door behind me, I immediately got hold of his collars.

"What's wrong with you? You have any idea how Ara is feeling because of you now?!"

He pushed my hands off of his collars and gave me me a glare.

"I don't know what you're talking about." He said sternly but I was still adamant.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked him softly.

His face softened but there was still a visible sense of anger in his eyes that I could see through clearly.

"What do you mean Aerum?" He asked and after a second I shook my head.

"Nothing, forget I ever came to talk to a dick like you. I swear Jungkook, if I ever see Ara like this because of you again, I will break your limbs."

I said and was about to walk out when he got a strong grip to my arm.

"Why do you always seem upset then huh!? Do you think I'm blind? Whenever I'm happy with Ara you look like your entire world is sinking, and then the next fucking moment I see you kissing your best friend. How many men do you want Aerum?"

He ended with a chuckle.

That was enough to make my blood boil. After everything, he only wanted to point on my character.

I slapped him hard across the face. His body moved a bit from the strong force of my hand. But he was still holding my upper arms tight.

"I don't need a man to be happy. You know nothing about me, nor Taehyung so don't try using your below negative IQ on how my life works." I said to him sternly.

The last few words he just said had me lose all of my temper. I swept his hands off of me and quickly left the place.

I couldn't belive him, he saw us kiss. And immediately thought that I was some play girl.  My head burned but I had to calm myself down since I didn't want to show Ara an angry side of mine.

She would suspect things even more.

I opened the door since it wasn't locked and then got in. The first thing I saw was Ara staring at me. The way her eyes looked at me was a bit intimidating.

"Tae just called and said that your phone was switched off.  So he called me to ask about you."

She said and I already felt busted.

"Where were you, Aerum?"

TBC