31

AERUM'S POV

The 50th sigh I left today. Why so many meet ups? Is it some sort of tradition in our family? I don't even know half of the people here and I'm forced to talk to them like I've known them forever.

It's furiating to such an extent.

Atleast I could text with Tae, he was the only person because of whom I was still waiting for Ara and mom peacefully.

The talks grew softer which made me raise my head to take a look at the place. Mrs. Jeon and mom were talking to each other right in front of me. Ara and Jungkook were sitting together and the others were at the other side now with our dads.

Soon my gaze went on to the couple being so clingy together. Ara was smiling, that was the only thing that made me feel happy. Once again that pang of jealousy rose within me but I shook it off.

Not wanting to think about anything, anything that reminds me of all I've done. I kept talking to Tae until he said he had an urgent issue to take care of. He said it was about his mom's work place and assured me everything was okay.

I turned the phone off and lifted my head up, my mom's strong gaze immediately catching mine. She was looking at me so intently. Then she just smiled warmly, I was confused, yet I smiled back.

She was doing her best to take care of me.

Soon they talked about something and Mrs.Jeon got up walking towards the couple, right then my mom walked to me.

Confusion soon filling my face, she signalled me to stand up and I did.

She took my palm in hers and brought me upstairs. The entire time I made sure to stay quiet. Not questioning her in any way.

She brought me to her room and shut the door.

Then she opened one of the lockers in her wardrobe and took out an old album. I recognized it immediately.

"It's been so long since I saw those pictures." I said with a smile and she nodded.

She put up her hand and made me sit right next to her. Then kept flipping through the pages. All of the good memories now trapped inside a photograph.

There were so many times when I wished that I could return to being that 2 year old child again. Nothing to worry about, nothing to do, nothing to regret.

And then there were these other times when I wished I had never been born.

Her smile was still evident, the same smile only slightly wrinkled. It were the pictures with my mom and dad before they got married. On the day of their marrige my dad gifted it to her.

She always opened it on their anniversary, the snaps were so amusing but enchanting at the same time.

Seeing how they loved each other before they got married and how much of love they still have for each other always made me and Ara have childhood fantasies when we were kids.

Finally the last picture, mom in her beautifully crafted white dress while dad looked stunning in the sharp black suit.

The corners of my lips had been pulled up for so long. She intertwined our fingers and smiled at me.

"Is there anyone you love yet Aerum?" She asked so sincerely that it made my throat go dry.

"Mom, you know that after Ji soo I could never feel that comfortable with a guy again." I said with a low sigh and she nodded. My mood getting ruined by the second, only at the mention of his name.

"What if I say, I know that your heart has been locked by someone already? Someone far better than Ji soo." She said and my eyes widened slightly but I only played it cool.

"Then I'd say that you might be dreaming." I said and she chuckled.

She nodded before her grasp on my palm tightened a bit.

"You know who I'm talking about Aerum. I've been noticing you throughout the day." She said and my eyes widened, this time right in front of hers.

"You always smile at the mention of his name. And you thought of lying to me?" She said and I immediately felt myself getting tensed. I could almost felt my tears beaming up.

No, I didn't, I never wanted Ara to be disappointed in me.

And my mom's expression only looked like she was sure of whatever she was saying.

"Now tell me, you really love him don't you?" She asked, her voice calmer this time.

"Mom please don't tell Ara." I said, my face feeling warm after all of the mixed feelings rushing through me.

TBC