60

AERUM

shit.

I ran at full speed around the house to bring all of the packed bags in one place. Nature camp was today and the bus from school left at 7:30. Me being the renowned timekeeper, I wake up at 7 sharp.

"Tae where the fuck are those chips?!!" I yelled on noticing that chips and sodas which I kept last night were missing, at the same time trying to fit in the socks I was struggling with.

"Here!!" He yelled baffled and threw the chips on the bed where I was arranging the bags, finally fitting them all haphazardly in the suitcase.

Thankfully it was a week-long trip and I didn't have a lot to pack, this itself was tiring.

Finally having the things ready, I rushed in front of the mirror to brush my hair.

7:10

"We're getting late!!"

"Not my fault you wanted to have a full-on Winnie the Pooh marathon at 1 in the morning."

"Okay I get it, let's go now I'm done," I said as I put on the straps for the travel bag and Tae helped carry the suitcase.

I threw the car keys to him and he caught it, soon fumbling inside the car and off to school we were.

7:25

"Did you pack everything?" Tae asked for the 1500th time and I huffed before looking at him.

"Don't go to any place that's scary, don't talk to strangers, don't cheat on me, don't die, don't-"

"Okay okay, calm down," I said giggling and taking the suitcase from his hands and running to the school buses waiting for me.

Realizing I forgot something very important I turned around to see Tae still waiting to see me off, I ran back making him frown in confusion, I stopped in front of him and held his puff cheeks in my palm and giving him a long deep peck when I pulled away he looked shocked from what I did and his cheeks were red.

Chuckling I turned around again, waving him goodbye and managed to get in the bus at exactly 7:29

"All Aboard!" The principle said and I heard the kids laugh and reply with an elongated yes. Once I was settled in I took out my phone to see that I had a text.

Smiling I put the phone back in and looked out the window. Feeling someone sit next to me I turned to see Jungkook, fixing his bag so that it doesn't rollover. 

"Hey." He said smiling but my attention went onto somewhere else.

His eyes were a bit bloodshot and his cheeks were puffier, not from a good night's sleep, rather sleepless night, he also looked like he cried. I didn't want to trouble him by asking him a lot so I only asked what was necessary.

"You okay?"

He looked like he wasn't expecting that question from me, which made me feel a bit disheartened but not too surprising. He gave me a small smile and looked up with gleaming eyes.

"I am, thanks for asking though." He said and smiled fondly again.

Why am I even worried? I turned away and continued to look out the window, not looking at him. My eyes started to feel heavy from the lack of sleep and back to back Winnie the Pooh marathon, I placed my head on the window and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep sooner than I expected myself to.

JUNGKOOK

I had gone back home early in the morning when I knew Ara would be sleeping, she was right there on the couch, she must've waited for me all night. Erasing those thoughts I went to take a warm shower, feeling filled with chills as I was outside in the cold rain for more than five hours. 

The hot water felt like heaven, it felt so blissful that I felt tears in my eyes all over again, placing my head on the wet wall, I cried once again.

I got ready before Ara could wake up and left the house with a handbag full of my clothes for the nature camp. I felt a bit feverish but I didn't mind much, reminding myself to take some medicine if the pain got worse.

At school all the teachers greeted me, knowing I was the son of their boss they smiled and bowed, I bowed back at each of them and got into the car assigned for me. From the window, I could see through the window of the other bus parked right next to my car.

Aerum, she was placing smiling at one of the students that were entering the bus.

Without thinking I told my driver that I'd be using the bus. Not bothering to listening to his retorts I made my way in.

I wasn't expecting her to notice my condition. Let alone, ask if I was okay. But it felt good, to know that she cared enough to ask.

I told her that I regretted all I did to her in the past, and to show her I really did, It would be good only if I sticked to my words, I was never gonna hurt her or anyone like that ever again.

After a few minutes, I heard a repeated noise filling my ears, knowing it came from Aerum I turned to look at her. Her head hit the window repeatedly because of the bus's speed. Smiling to myself I lifted my palm and slid it under her head so that her head didn't hurt when she'd wake up.

The girl's head was heavy, and the window was tough. My knuckled hurt in less than ten minutes but I didn't bother shifting it. Soon falling asleep on my own headrest.

AERUM

"We've reached!" I heard someone yell and my eyes fluttered open, to have a hand blocking the path of my eyes, pushing myself back I noticed it being that of Jungkook's. I tried to put his hand back to himself cause of how awkward his position was, but his hands were fuming hot.

Frowning I placed my palm on his head, high temperature too, he still wasn't waking up and I knew that he wasn't even sleeping, he'd probably passed out.

I looked over to see that almost everyone was off the bus except for the one boy who'd asked for my number on my first day.

"Lee Donghyuck!!" I yelled and he turned around, hand clutching on to his red leather jacket, lips in a pout from my sudden address.

"Please get someone to help, Mr.Jeon's passed out," I shouted out and thankfully he understood the situation, nodding and sprinting out to get someone who could help.

- - -

"Nothing to worry about, a high fever, and heavy lack of protein, I've set the glucose, for now, he should wake up in a few." the nurse said and I was more confused.

He knew this was a trip the kids had looked out for since quite long, why didn't he take care of himself? He hadn't eaten either.

Shaking my head I was about to go out when I heard him shuffle.

"I'm s-sorry Aerum-ah.." He said in his sleep and my eyes softened. Walking over I adjusted the blanket over him and left the room. What was this man hiding?

TBC