49

"I've been meaning to tell you.."

I stared at him waiting for him to continue, but God Taehyung was a whole different case when it came to opening up about genuine matters. It takes a huge toll on him, and I was ready to hear whatever problem was running through his head.

"I l-like n-no love you." He said and left a heavy sigh before looking up to face me straight.

I was at a short for words, neither did I know how to reply, neither did I know if I should have.

"You-"

"You dont have to say anything now, I'll give you all the time you want to think, just please listen to what I have to say." He cuts me and hold my tiny hands in his.

"I've always loved you. More than a brother, more than a friend, since forever now."

He continues and I can only widen my eyes even more than they already were.

"I know you're going through a lot, a lot more than you've shared with me and so I can understand. I know that you need time to think. But know this, I've never been able to look at another girl the way I look at you."

He says all in one breath, then looks down. His thumb caressing my hands that were clasped in his.

"Please, let me show you how beautiful love can be. I don't know and I don't care what you have to do with Jungkook or Ara, but whatever it is I'm willing to go through it with you and even help you as much as I can."

Tae finished with a smile and continued to brush my palms in a calming way.

I end up hugging him.

"Thank you for understanding me Tae Tae. I don't know when but I will give you an answer. Please wait for me."

I say as my face gets hidden in the depth of his neckline. I can feel his smile as he breaths out, "Always".

• • • • • • • • • •

The phone turns off as I finish my conversation with Mari. I would've never gotten this far if it wasn't for her. Now all that's left is to tell all of this to Ara.

Day after tomorrow. Apparently the couple wants to hold a little gathering to announce a sense of gratitude after Jungkook's accident.

I look behind my desk to see Tae fast asleep on my bed. I smiled at his little pout.

The guy loves me. His words were just as enchanting as he was. Should I really reciprocate his feelings? Will that ruin our friendship? My head throbbed at the thought of loosing him. The only person who always stood by me.

Only time will tell but I hope whatever my answer would be, we can still remain as we always were. I can't afford to lose another whom I consider family.

• • • • • • • • 

Jungkook and Ara shake hands and pass smiles to all their guests, college friends family members etc etc.

Me and Taehyung watch the children run around, never knew I had such a large extended family. How many people did my mom invite??!

After a long time of commotion I saw my mom going up on the stage. With a mic. Already scary.

"Attention all!" Mom said in her usual gentle yet commanding voice.

In a few moment the crowd had their eyes on her with all ears.

"I would like to take the opportunity in this joyous occasion to inform you about my lovely daughters."

Soon I saw a smile creeping up on Ara's face on hearing the word 'lovely'. Jungkook smiled and crept his arm around her waist too. Sick.

The crowd cheered. My mom clapped along with them and there was a proud smile in my father's face. What was going on?

"As we know, my daughter Ara, soon to be married in to the Jeon's only son Jungkook. Alongside this lovely couple we have another brewing up right after. After prolonged discussion me and my husband have decided that it would only be right to have both these joyful occasions together."

Applause everywhere and I still wasn't able to understand what exactly my mom was doing up there on the stage.

"Today, our darling daughter Aerum and Taehyung are getting engaged. They will be wedded on the same day, cheers everyone."

Everyone cheered and I could feel my head hurting. I turned to Taehyung and he was just as baffled as I.

I immediately got up leaving the room without anyone's notice. Walking out without an idea of where my feet were leading me.

"Aerum!" I could hear Taehyung shouting after me but I couldn't stop. I just couldn't...

On reaching a place I didn't know where I felt myself stop.

Tae caught hold of my arm and turned me so I was facing him.

"What was that all about? Did you know any of this?"

"No! God I swear no. I had no idea at all."

He shouts and I only stared straight at him.

"You know best, how your mom surprises everyone with the cards she pulls out. She never told me at all I promise."

He reassured me and I sighed, my hands on either sided of my hip. I sure was getting frustrated.

"I'll tell her that we can't. I'll tell her that we don't want this."

He was about to run back but I held him. He stopped and looked back at me.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, his arms gently holding me this time.

"What if I agree?"

"What?" He asked doubtfully.

"You said you'll wait for me two days ago. What if I say yes, that I can share the feelings you have for me."

"Are you sure about this Aerum? I told you clearly then and I'm telling you clearly now. I can and will wait for you."

"And I'm telling you that you can stop waiting  now." I said as my eyes gazed into his.

"I want to be yours. Is that much of a confession enough?!" I asked him arrogant yet playful.

He stared questioning but then it soon turned into a loving smile.

"Nope! You're gonna have to work harder if you want to own this expensive ass. " he said smugly.

I raised my eyebrows and started walking away.

He immediately caught hold of me, pulling me closer.

"That is more than enough, you don't have to do anything more."

He said, his arms around my waist, gently caressing me. I wrap my arms around his neck, going on my tippy toes to land a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you Tae."

To be continued....