21

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I followed after her within a few seconds when I heard Ara calling for me. I had seen Aerum irritated the time in the gown shop. But that was it.

Her cold gaze was fixed in my head like a selective memory. I couldn't think of anything else but her eyes.

As I reached to the last step my gaze once again found its way to her silhouette. Her shadow that followed her as she helped her sister in setting the table.

I cleared my throat softly and shifted my eyes to the floor.

'You're getting married in a few days Jungkook. Keep yourself together.' I reminded myself before walking to the table.

Seating myself next to Ara to be away from her.

But what use was that of? Now she was right in front of me.

I made sure to not make it seem like I was ogling over her. But it was painfully easy for her to do so. She didn't seem uncomfortable at all. It was like she didn't care about my presence   inside this room.

I focused at the food on my plate when Ara held the side of my thigh gently. I looked over at her and saw her smiling sweetly, she gestured me to start with my meal and I nodded.

She loved me so much and so did I, then why do I always feel wierd when I'm with both of them.

It was hard for me to understand why Aerum was being this way. I kept my arm on the table and intertwined my hand with Ara's. She smiled at me once again before eating her food.

I secretly looked over at Aerum, but even that couldn't get her attention. She was still..... ignoring me.

• • • • • • • •

I was standing outside the huge mansion with Ara's palm in mine. She pecked my lips and I smiled.

'You are all I need' I said to myself. I gave her a last hug before walking to my car. I seated myself and drove home.

AERUM'S POV

I was still listening to the music playing off of my headset. I had my dinner and wished Ara goodnight before coming back to my room.

I noticed him although I didn't make it obvious. Was he trying to make me jealous? Of what!?

The fact that they are a couple. I scoffed at that thought.

He still has the audacity to think that, after what he did to Tae. He should've known about me beforehand. I might still like him, but I have truly hated back stabbers.

I just need to accept that no matter what, I'll still be watching them saying their vows and ending it with a kiss a few days later.

The engagement party

I was in my navy blue dress, sitting at the second row with Taehyung. He was matching with me which made me feel happy, he looked so breath taking. Usually I saw him in casual clothing, this was something rare.

I started playing with my fingers when the to be bride and groom came out. After this day they would be what you call fiance. 

I smiled although I could feel some sort of tense in me as my palms grew sweaty. Soon I felt bearable cold fingers latch onto mine. Tae had wrapped his palm on mine to try and calm me down.

When I turned to smile at him, his eyes were fixed on our closed palms. I smiled at that.

He looked up at me before raising my body up with his and took me away from there. Instead of of questioning him, I just went along.

He brought me to the lake in front of the place where the party was held, a bit far away from the eyes of all the people.

Taehyung left my hand and sat down on one of the little pillars in front of the lake.

I searched for an other one and soon sat down myself. He was looking at the still water that reflected the moon and sighed, I turned to him.

"What are you trying to do Aerum-ah?" He asked with his head facing the dark sky as his eyes were slowly closing.

"What do you mean?" I asked unaware of what he was trying to say.

"Quit trying to ignore him when you know you can't." He said and soon I knew that he was referring to Jungkook.

"I'm not-"

"Aerum." He said sternly.

He sat straight up and stared right at the middle of my eyes.

"You can't help but feel restless around him, you get irritated whenever he is lovey dovey with Ara, yours palms just got sweaty only because of him standing there with her. Your heart hurts and you feel nervous at the same time. Damn it, you even cried because of him. You love him Aerum-ah"

He said, and I don't know why but I felt sadness in his voice.

I let out a soft chuckle.

"What do you expect me to do Tae? Go there and beg him to stop loving my sister. He loves her and don't worry, I'll try my best to understand."

"That's the problem, I think he likes you too."

I looked at him questionably.

"I'm a guy Aerum. I know how it is. Even right now, at the most joy full time of his life, his eyes were on the girl that wasn't his fiance. When I took you with me, jealousy was clear in his face."

I looked away from him. There was no way I could believe that.

"So what?" I asked him softly.

"Make him feel what you felt." He said and I scoffed at him.

"Make him feel like shit, no thank you. I don't care what he-"

The sound of branches crumbling stopped me from talking, it was like someone walking over here. I turned to see who it was before I felt Tae pull my cheeks back to face him.

And in no time his lips were on mine, carresing mine gently as his fingers held my cheek and the side of my neck. He was kissing me.

TBC