40

AERUM'S POV

I pat Tae's head as he giggled innocently. His fluffy mullet brushed over to the side as I messed it up. Soon followed by us paying more attention to our empty stomach.

We ate the breakfast that we put "team effort" in and the rest of the afternoon was spent in front of the TV. I realised that Tae didn't utter a word about Mari. They were a thing, right?

But I chose to respect his silence on the topic. He wasn't the person to hide, especially something from me.

I noticed him rejecting a few calls and when I finally peeked through his phone, I could clearly see that he was turning Mari down.

I frowned, I was happy for him, he had finally found someone who could give the same amount of love as him and now he was doing this?

"Tae, what's wrong?", I asked him calmly and could notice the tire in his form immediately.

And slowly tears made their way into his eyes as the back of his head was lazily placed on the couch. It was hurting me to see him like this. So much that I was ready to beat the shit out of Mari incase she treated him too wrong.

"She doesn't want me anymore, it's fine. I'll get over it anyway." He said ending his words with a light chuckle. He was in pain.

I hugged him and he did back. When I wanted to release my grip and talk to him about it, he only hugged me tighter.

I let him, not wanting him to cry harder than he already was. After all, he never let go of me when I was mourning over Jungkook.

How is that guy now anyway? I hadn't seen Ara either in some time now.

• • • • • • • • •

JUNGKOOK'S POV

The streets looked longer than before, the lights even dimmer. This only making me embrace my state. I was pathetic right now for sure.

When I finally kept my heart only on top of Ara's, why did she have to do it? But it was nothing anymore.

She was my first love and will always be. No matter what she does I couldn't keep it in me to ever leave her. I bumped the shoulders of so many from the way I walked. Hearing a few curse words in the process.

I wanted see her. Wasn't I enough? But at the moment I didn't care. If she hated me then I was ready to make her fall for me all over again.

But I wasn't going to let her be with someone else, not now not never.

I got closer to her place and my heartbeats grew louder. My chest was hurting from the way I'd cried for so long. The same place where I saw her with another...

I used the spare key I had and decided to go in. The sudden lights in the house make me hiss. I shut my eyes for a moment and then led my way to the room with lit lights.

There she was; the love of my life. I hugged her waist as I stood behind her. Her body immediately reacted by going stiff.

"Wasn't I enough?" My voice came out slurred. Heck, I could even smell the liquor from my mouth. I knew how much she hated it when I was drunk but today I couldn't stop.

I turned her body around and stared at her in the eyes. Her beautiful doe like eyes were shining so brightly under the lights.

I smiled at her as my palms took hold of her milky cheeks.

My lips engulfed hers and soon I felt her grabbing my upper arms, as if trying to stop me. So much that she hated my touch now?

I held her gently as always, soon leading her to the bed next to us. My body pushing her down and hovering over her as I always did.

My lips still moved against hers but not once did she kiss me back. I could feel the tears brimming up in my eyes but I didn't let any out.

I deepened the kiss and held her tight against me. Softening my touch around her beautiful features, then resting each of my palms on her waist and thighs.

The last two days that I craved for her, all coming down at once as I pulled her even closer. And finally my heart cried in agony as the woman who was my first and would be my last pushed me away.

The word "stop" that came out of her mouth so easily made me leave out a bitter chuckle.

Her lips were as red as mine. Her breathing heavy but her eyes sad. Her push against my chest made that entire area burn as I felt her touch fade away from me.

Finally those stupid tears let their way out and I became a crying mess. I abruptly got off and left the place. Wanting to clear my mind for now.

I was drunk and too vulnerable. I needed to get a hold of myself before I faced her. Maybe she pushed me away because I was drunk. Yes, it could be.

She hated it was I was out of my consciousness.

I took that as an excuse and ignored her actions like I always do.

• • • • • • • •

AERUM'S POV

I laid on my bed quietly. Tae left as soon as it was starting to turn dark outside. He had a family dinner and invited me as well.

I was too tired with everything, so much that I said no to food for the first time. I was sure of him teasing me about all the fancy food he got to eat the next day.

Few hours later as I was clearing out my room, I felt a few footsteps behind me. As I was about to turn around, I felt arms wrapping themselves around my waist.

My body grew stiff at the sudden contact.

Before I could react, Jungkook's face with clear pain and misery invaded my thoughts. He looked like he was completely broken in all forms.

Before I could say anything his lips crashed on mine.

He asked me if he was enough. But not once was I able to answer him. I wanted this a few times. Him holding me this way, touching me this way. But not anymore.

I had to understand that he was only my sister's, and no matter what ,I couldn't do something like this to her.

I pushed him off as gently as I could, remembering how pathetic his condition was from before. He was drunk. Probably the side effects of whatever beverage he had.

I could not blame him. I softly yet sternly asked him to stop, and thankfully he did.

Within seconds he was out the door. What was he doing here? Why was he drunk? But more importantly, what just happened?

TBC