67

AERUM

Why doesn't the TV show anything fun when you really need it? I kept flipping through the horrid number of channels, nothing that I could watch. The bandages on my head were gone finally, leaving only a tiny bandaid that could be taken off in a day or two.

Tae still had work though, so basically I was left alone, with little or not so much to do. Rising up from the couch I went to our shared room, took out some comfy clothes and a beanie, putting my shoes on before leaving to go out in the open.

 The fresh air making me feel better almost immediately. It was gloomy today, predicting either a storm or a rain shower, and that made me feel melancholic yet at peace, I loved the rain...

My feet kicking away the little stones and pebbles on the grounds of the park where I and Ara grew up. The swings were still the same, painted a different color but the same. The engraved initials we had written on a nearby tree, all were still visible.

Smiling I caressed my fingers over it, how I missed her. The clouds started to disappear and a cold gush of wind passed by, I could almost feel the little storm that evening. Mothers asking their kids to finish with their fun and get ready to pack their toys and go back home.

Kids whining and the sky started getting darker, I was safe from the cold cause of my clothing, pestering me to stay longer. I sat down on one of the swings once the kids left.

The winds blew stronger with every passing minute, tiny droplets of water cascading down my cheek, it was starting to rain. The families around started running about, amongst them I managed to recognize a figure, my eyes softening at the image almost immediately.

There stood Ara, in front of the same tree I stood minutes ago, looking at the engraved initials we put then.

I slowly walked towards her, the park now empty, sounds of little kids enticingly faint, the raindrops getting slightly larger.

"Remember when we wrote that?" I asked and felt her stiffen, she turned her head, eyes locking as soon as she saw me.

Scoffing she turned back around and began to leave.

"Unnie..." I called out, after a really long time, the name sounding foreign yet I couldn't help it.

Hearing how I called her, not by her name, she turned again.

"Go home Aerum, the rain's getting harder." She said obviously, not reacting at all.

She started to leave but I held her back, grabbing her wrist and pulling her to look at me for once.

"The least you could do is talk to me, Ara," I said, feeling myself getting frustrated with her lack of response.

Shrugging my hand off of hers she moved back, looking at me spitefully.

"I don't want to waste my time, go back." She ordered and went on to leave again. Taking a deep breath I spoke out.

"At least tell me what I did wrong.." 

"You were born." She answered and stared at me emotionless.

I felt myself getting weaker in the pouring rain but I stood strong.

"How am I at fault for that?!" I asked aloud and saw how she started getting angry too.

"How? Your entire life Aerum, what did you ever do? Always running after me, pretending to not know anything. I've had enough of that okay!" She exclaimed and I frowned.

"I needed you, Ara, why else would I even-"

"Shut up! Stop pretending, you always do this. Even after all I've done why are you still like this?!" She screamed and I only looked at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked and she breathed in profusely.

"You always had it the better, didn't you whore!" She yelled and I gulped.

"Ara what are you talking about?"

"First you sleep with my man and even when you get caught that fool still loves you. I set you up, so many times, yet he never comes to hate you."

"Ara listen to me-"

"No, you listen now. I asked Tae to go to the camp, and God forbid when he reached the first thing he saw you, with Jungkook. Now you know why he was angry with you. I knew about your little crush all along, but I brushed it aside cause you were my sister. Then Jungkook started reciprocating, isn't it obvious I'd come to know. So I used every opportunity I got, to pull Jungkook and Tae away from you. But alas, that dumb man never got the idea. What was wrong with me? Why did everyone always go for you just why-"

"Ara, please calm down." I choked out at the verge of tears in hearing her confession, she was in tears too, why didn't she tell me that she was hurting?

"Remember Jisoo, he didn't leave you, bitch, I made him leave you. Yet you never break, always so headstrong making me feel pathetic. Then you managed to get mom too, leaving me with what?! Nothing!!" She yelled pushing me off roughly.

At this point, I couldn't help the tears mixed with the hard rain cascading down my face. My vision was blurry but I could hear her hatred loud and clear.

"Why don't you just die?!" She yelled out and I could tell that she was crying too.

I put my hand forward, asking her to stop as I felt the rush of blood all over me, pain taking over my chest as she pushed me over, all the hate she had slowly breaking out.

"I did everything in my power to be happy then why can't I just get it? Even mom doesn't talk to me now! All because of you wretch!" She yelled and pushed me one last time.

"I roamed after you cause I never had anyone, for some reason mom always stayed with you when we were kids, not having time for me, neglecting me. You were popular Ara, all the 'friends' I ever made, the only came to me cause they wanted a piece of you. Never even bothering to know me. Tae was the only one who stayed by my side throughout. I admit I was infatuated with Jungkook, I was wrong I know, so I stopped, only cause I didn't want to hurt you, Ara. You're my sister Ara, I've always loved you, never despised you, despite how you always managed to win over any person I had." I choked out, and surprisingly she listened.

I was shivering, clearly feeling the heat of my tears as I was still on the ground from her push. She was just there, watching me. I could hear her crying but it hurt too much to look up at her.

I was sobbing, after how I confessed my insecurities it was quiet, neither of us saying anything.

"I'm sorry I made you feel like that. But the fact that people somehow always left me always made me think that I was never enough. I hated myself and cried while you were out at birthday parties I was never invited too, the most important thing to a teenage girl then." I scoffed at the finish and felt pathetic at how the tears never stopped. Ara didn't say anything only waiting for me to stop.

"I'm sorry I made you feel that way," I said before running away from there, the pain growing, worsening in my chest, it was getting hard for me to even breath but I still ran.

"Aerum!" I hear her yell but I never stopped, trying to stop the tears that kept falling as I ran not knowing where I was going. The sounds of cars and other vehicles soon invading my ears and I realized I was somewhere around the main road, but my feet never stopped.

- - -

How you doin' readers?

This part got me in the feels ya'll