36

AERUM'S POV

Compared to how immature we used to be, everything is going really well now.

Jungkook's more mature way of handling our differences is surely a huge charm. I never came to realise how easily he always terminated a little argument.

Ara surely scored herself a bullseye.

But the more I was feeling compatible and close with Jungkook, the more I felt Taehyung drifting away from me.

He still texts me, he still calls me but it's almost as if he does it whenever he gets free time. We've been busy before, especially during high school days. I clearly remember how we almost didn't see each other for a day or two because of the constant examinations.

I was feeling empty and wierd inside, the feeling of not having Taehyung around me was eating me alive. It wasn't a good feeling at all.

I called Tae again only to hear that the phone's been switched off. Was he with her even now? Was he ignoring me? Had he enough of me?

The last thought was the scariest. I couldn't imagine Taehyung avoiding me like that.

Exactly a week now, seven days left and Ara and Jungkook would be happily married. I was happy, although the feelings I had for Jungkook were still lingering around me I had to learn how to get over them.

By the time they would go away from here, I'll probably forget about him. And be alone once again.

I sighed as I took an apple from the counter, washing it and taking a huge chunk.

I slid on the couch and rest my head on it, closing my eyes slowly.

The knock on the door caught my attention and I slowly went towards it.

Opening it, the bright daylight made me frown. When was the last time I went out?

The tall figure in front of me making me calm, I was about to close the door when he held it.

"What is it Taehyung?" I asked, trying my best to not make it sound like I was gritting my teeth.

"Taehyung?" He scoffed before coming in.

"You're mad at me aren't you?" He said and I just shut the door before making my way back to the comfortable couch.

I threw myself on it, continuing to chew on my apple.

I head him sigh as he sat next to me.

"You remember that girl, I feel something between us." He said and looked at me intently.

"Wasn't that hard to notice." I said shortly and shut my eyes again.

"I'm sorry Aerum, I really am. Let's say.. Umm, yeah! Tomorrow it'll be all about us. Okay, well watch a movie, go skating and then that burger place you really lov-"

"Taehyung, stop doing me a favour." I cut him and he stopped talking.

"I understand, she's a kind girl. She's perfect for you. But you can't just forget your friends for someone else, right."

I said calmly, he was going to say something again  but I stopped him.

"We never made plans like this before, we'd call each other fifteen minutes before driving to the movies. We never made promises like this."

I said and his gaze fell down, he was fiddling with his sleeves.

"I'm sorry." He said and looked up at me.

"I'm didn't even see you last week Tae." I said and he came closer hugging me.

"Please forgive me." I would've never forgiven someone like that, but it was Tae. Nothing in this world could keep me mad at him.

I hugged him back and felt his hug grow stronger, how I missed this feeling. The feeling of warmth and comfort.

MARI'S POV

I watched as he laid another picture of her on the desk, smirking while doing it.

"C-can we stop this oppa?" I asked him kindly but the immediate anger on his face got me so intimidated that I just wanted to bury myself six feet under.

"May I know why dear?" He asked and I didn't know what to say.

My answer wasn't something he would ever love hearing.

I gulped before looking into his eyes once again.

"They don't deserve this." I said softly but the way he sighed, I was sure he heard me loud and clear.

He took a large steel carton and threw it across the wall. I flinched badly, a light scream leaving my lips.

"How many times Mari? A weak heart like yours would get crushed by this earth some day!" He said and I could feel the tears storing in the corners of my eyes.

"I can't do this anymore oppa!" I shout at him and run away, his heavy footsteps running after me making my heart clench.

I ran to my room, shutting me in.

He kept slamming the door and I kept crying. My palms covering my ears. Not being able to live in this cruel and gruesome household. Why was this happening to me?

"I'm not letting you give up now Mari!"

He said and I then heard his footsteps leaving the place.

I continued crying. Why?! He doesn't deserve any of this!

TBC

Too much fluff, it's time for the angst now.

😉