72

AERUM

"I don't care alright! It's been two weeks but all you and your system do is laze around! It's by the end of this week or I go to the higher-ups!" I disconnected the call immediately when I felt the similar contractions in my chest.

Jungkook sat down next to me, not saying anything, simply showing me his palm where he held the two cylindrical tablets.

Taking it from his hold I downed it with a glass of water.

"How many times have I told you? You can't be screaming around like before, you know of your condition." I nodded and put my head in the midst of my palms, feeling the contractions become normal and I was able to breathe comfortably. Having a weak heart sucked...

I had done whatever I could but Ara's body was never found. The cliff had been left deserted for years, especially since my family stopped going there years ago. I couldn't help the gleaming disturbance of her loss. And the fact that the police weren't doing anything to make it better wasn't doing anything to help.

Jungkook helped me immensely, coming over whenever I had work from the school and helping me around with the students as well. Taehyung didn't sound happy over there, something I was worried about. It was his first day today and I hoped that things would go great.

"We've still got work for the olympiads coming out in June but we could go out after if you'd like."

I nod and get up, finishing some question papers and signing the ones all the students had finished.

- - -

TAEHYUNG

My fingers fumbled for the third time and I huffed a desperate sigh, to think I never really learned how to put on a tie. Ditching the stupid tie I fixed my collar and looked presentable on my first day. Looking over the clock, I knew that it was only past noon in Korea and knowing Aerum was probably busy I pout and lift my files and fit them all into a briefcase.

The drive there had me a bit nervous, dad had the company when he was 33, he had experienced too. I didn't though, I was yet again worried that I wouldn't give in my full potential. I mentally told myself to give my best and left a sigh when we had finally reached the destination.

A part of the empire my dad worked hard to build was right in front of my eyes.

Taking a deep breath I smiled at the employees who bowed and greet them back while making my way to the office.

"Enjoy your time with us Sir," I heard the kind Chinese man who dropped me here say and I thanked him before looking over the room. There were some introductory files placed on the desk and I left my briefcase on the front, rummaging through it to find what I was looking for.

I took out the little frame I carried from Korea, the picture I took of Aerum secretly a day before our wedding. She had a look of surprise and I chuckled remembering how she almost threw her shoes at me that day.

Placing it gently on the desk I heard the door to my new office open up and in came my dad, a petite woman following after him. Confused I look towards my dad who smiled,

"She had been a helpful assistant at our branch in Seoul, she'll be your Secretary for the time being," Dad said but I couldn't help but look questionably at the girl.

"Mari?"

- - -

AERUM

"I'm tired," I said and Jungkook snickered while typing away on his laptop.

I was putting little stars on every test paper that attained a good score, a habit that I had developed over the past few days.

"You're going back to school tomorrow how does that make you feel?" Jungkook asked, more like teased me.

"I swear to God, I'm sadder about that than the kids could ever be. Now I know how my teachers felt..." I said putting away the last test paper and hitting my head on the table. Closing my eyes ready to go to sleep until I felt a flick on the back of my head.

"Go freshen, we'll get dinner from outside today," Jungkook said and I felt happy.

On my way to the room, I checked up on Tae, texting him asking if he'd eaten or he was still engrossed in his work. He replied within seconds and I smiled on just seeing the 'typing...'

I started getting ready and wore a simple pair of clothes before moving out to see Jungkook putting on his shoes.

We walked to the park after taking our packaged hamburgers. Sitting down on either of the swings and taking big bites of the burgers after a long day of work.

Neither of us moved after the filling meal, lightly swinging around as most of the kids present at the moment were endorsed with the monkey bars.

"I like you." I heard Jungkook say and I turned to see him staring at his feet.

TBC

Some of you have been demanding certain endings and I've said this before, whatever it may be, the ending is going to be logical with no hidden meanings to it like my other books cause as I said, I won't make anyone sad with the ending so do look forward to it cause the book is coming to an end soon. Thank you for being patient though, it does mean a lot : )