32

AERUM'S POV

"Mom I-"

"There you are!" Ara suddenly came in. Looking at me and mom her face immediately caused a frown.

"Am I interrupting something?"

I quickly answered a 'No' before mom could say anything. She nodded and once again her pretty smile was on display.

She came forward and said something into mom's ears. Soon they started smiling as they turned their gazes at me.

I was already contemplating their thoughts. Soon after the people left the house. It was only a few hours past noon, luckily Jungkook and his parents left too. He made sure to spare me a glance, which turned into a smirk in no time.

I could only roll my eyes.

• • • • • • • • • •

The door bell rang and I ran to open it. My lips leaving a smile as soon as I share glances with the visitor.

"Come on in." Tae made his way inside and I noticed that he had a well posh suit on. I whistled as I made a circle around, almost as if I was catcalling him.

"What's up with the suit?"

I asked and he furrowed his brows.

"Forgot about the promise? 'Get done with collage and then welcome to the family.' He said with a grin and I mumbled a little curse.

"That was today! Hold up I'll call mom and dad." I was about to run up the stairs when he held my wrist, keeping me in place.

"I can wait sloth, no pressure." He said and I scoffed.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

Aerum had gone to change into something more comfortable when her parents came down.

As soon as aunt saw me she let out a smile and pulling me into a hug, Mr.Min giving me a man hug after.

"It's so good to see you guys." I said and they nodded.

"So, would you like to talk things out here or would you like to talk in the backyard?"

Agreeing on with the backyard, we soon sat ourselves down on the sitout.

The sun was going down so it wasn't exactly very hot, it was a beautiful time to get out of the house.

I sighed out and smiled at them.

"So,where should we start from?" I asked and they looked at each other.

"Well are you sure you want this, like from the bottom of your heart?" Mr. Min asked and I nodded.

"Yes, I really do. I'm ready now, more than I'll ever be." I said and they smiled wider.

"What would this mean to you Tae?" Mrs. Min asked me and I raised my head slightly, thinking of a suitable answer.

"Well first of all, I always wanted to be independent. Then comes money and today's generation just doesn't work without any money in your pockets."

I said, still with my smile decorating my face. Suddenly their faces turned a bit, worried?

"You're only doing this for money?" Mrs.Min asked me and I shook my head.

"Not just money,self respect, position, authority. Moreover, I just love you guys! Knowing that I'm going to be with you guys is just amazing." I exclaimed and they looked more worried than they were before.

"How's the interview going?" I saw Aerum asking us as she sat beside on one of the chairs with a camera in her hands, she was recording.

Mr.Min looked at Aerum and said.

"Aerum, he's frankly saying that he is doing this just for money." Aerum just turned to him and nodded.

"Obviously!" She said and fixed my black tie before positioning herself to record me, I smiled into the camera.

"And he also said that he's going to stay with us after the wedding." Mrs. Min said and I blinked twice unconsciously.

"I'm sorry?" Aerum said instead of me.

"What are you talking about? Whose wedding?" Aerum asked again and then quickly turned her head to me, her eyebrows widening.

"Taehyung you wan to marry me?!!" She said and got up, off her seat and staring at me in shock.

"No, what?!" I said confused and heard Mr. Min again.

"You don't want to get engaged? Then what we're we talking about this whole time?"

He said and I frowned deeply.

"I was talking about the job application." I said and I could clearly hear Aerum letting out thousands of the same curse word.

"WHAT JOB?!" He said loudly.

"Weren't you the one that said to join you after collage. Once I'm done with my education I could join you!!"

I said and he held his head between his fingers.

"Wait. Aerum, YOU WANT TO MARRY ME?" I asked and she immediately turned to me.

"NO, How can you even say that? How could you even think of something like that?"

"I don't know! Ask your parents!!" I fired back and she sat down once again.

"Shit, this is so embarrassing. You could have talked to me once before settling things with him."
She said while looking at them hopelessly.

"So you really don't want to get married to each other?" Her mom said with her voice sounding softer and sadder.

"MOM!" Aerum exclaimed and her mom raised her palm.

"Ok ok, but embarrassed?" She said and started giggling, soon followed by her husband laughing their heart out.

The view made me crack too and I started laughing along as Aerum could only shake her head.

• • • • • • •

We were now drinking Mrs. Min's special fruit juice and still letting out a few giggles here and there.

"Ok ok, let's drop this topic here."

"Still dad, you could have asked me once!" Aerum said and I nodded.

"What was there to ask? Ever since you both know each other all you do is hangout, Skype or call each other. You've never been apart. That's what we all thought about you two"

I felt a slight blush fall on my face, I cleared my throat and drank up the juice.

"I know but there's never been anything between us mom." Aerum said for the last time and her mother chuckled at how frustrated she looked.

"But both of you explain one thing to me, one day when you do find someone you love. Someone with whom you would want to spend your life with, would they approve of such friendship?

Aerum, would a guy you love who loves you back be able to accept that you and Tae are just really good friends, same with you Tae."

Mrs.Min said and that was when I thought of it. No matter what, our relation could never change.

Aerum was still joking around with her dad, but to me her mom's words were still lingering around in my head.

"Would I even be able to find a girl like that?" I murmured to myself.

TBC