48

AERUM'S POV

Hyperventilation, that was the only word running across my mind.

The text I sent a few seconds ago, I wish I could delete it already. I shouldn't have. Why dear Lord?

I was probably so close to tears.

I could see that he read the text, he didn't reply and that only got me more worried. I really wish I could turn back time.

After a few seconds, I saw that a few letters that said typing.

God, what would he think of me?

I had lost hope from Ara, I couldn't help but want to hug her every time I saw her. It was so unusual for her to be this way.

~When? I don't want to waste any of my precious time.

Jerk.

I huffed a breath of air and hovered my fingers over the keypad.

~when you get out of work?

He did agree but with slight hesitation.

I couldn't sleep that night, meeting Jungkook tomorrow, and my meeting with Jisoo.

His words were empty to me, I was aware of the fact that he didn't, in fact never loved me. But just that one line and my entire head laid awake.

I recalled the last time me and Ara spoke like biological sisters, the last time she helped me through my difficulties with my parents. The days when we talked, now it seemed as though she despised the very sight of me.

• • • • •

"What makes you think I can believe you? After all that you did to Ara."

I felt frustrated all over again.

"Did what!?" I kept trying to fit in what really happened the night before his accident, but God dammit this guy was much more stubborn than I could ever be.

"The next time I have you here acting all innocent in front of me like this, will be the last time you see me or your sister. Once this stupid cliché is solved we will get married and leave for Australia. Be understanding and get over whatever you have in your head."

He said firmly before slamming his palm over the wooden table.

Australia? We had a fight all over that topic. She promised she would stay here with me cause I didn't want her to leave. Does she really hate me that bad now?

Now what? I was blank, unable to process a single detail anymore. My sister didn't want to look at my face and the only other person that left me hope doesn't even bother listening to me.

I simply left the place walking back to my mom's home. I didn't take a cab, instead I walked all the way. I thought about what to do for 20 minutes before I reached my mom's place.

On entering the first thing that greeted me was food?

Mom didn't cook a lot, and if she did then it was an occasion. I made my way in quickly as my stomach grumbled in hunger.

There I saw mom cooking and Tae helping her with a cute carrot printed apron. His tongue lied slightly out the exterior of his lips which displayed how focused he was in front of the stove.

I quietly made my way behind them in hopes of giving a quick scare, forgetting that I was horrible at being cautious

*crack*

And I broke something, I had already started preparing myself mentally to suffer through whatever physical and verbal abuse my mum was about to throw at me.

But she just stared at me disregarding the broken pieces of glass lying on the floor, same with Tae. Then both of them gave me a wide smile.

This was already scaring me.

"What's going on?" I asked and mum came towards me after getting rid of the spatula in her hand. She pulled me gently, bringing me into the kitchen.

The same time Tae worked to clean up the mess I made.

"We're  going to have a lovely family dinner, I've made all your favorite dishes this time!" She said excitedly.

"And guess who made desert-",  she waited for an answer before pointing at Tae. I turned to look at him getting all shy with his palm in the back of his neck, that called for a teasing.

"Wow, Taetae~" I sang and got him all flushed. We mother-daughter duo let out a heartily laugh while Taehyung got more and more red.

We had dinner and let me humbly say, I really needed that time with someone. This dinner although short filled the three of us with smiles and pure joy of loving and being loved.

As usual me and Tae were in my room being the crackheads we were, but this time something was different. Tae was slightly reserved. I felt my teasing to be the reason why and so I decided to make it harder for him.

While pulling his cheeks and swinging his head slow and side to side I mumbled. " Thank you sooo much Taetae, you care so much for me. I loved your cooking-"

He grabbed my palms that were holding his cheeks and stared right into my eyes. I immediately stopped, shocked to see that he was still serious.

"We need to talk. I have something to say."

To be continued...