53

AERUM

The first thing I did, right after opening my eyes was shutting it as a reflex with all the light in the room, the well lit room gave me a headache.

I slowly blinked once, twice until I was able to see clearly. As soon as I do, Taehyung catches my attention. He was next to me, slicing an apple into bite sized pieces.

His face looked down, like he was sad and my chest hardened at that, making me feel like I couldn't breath due to the tension.

He looks up to meet my eyes but nothing changed in his eyes, it still had the same despair, the one I saw before. He rose from the couch and slowly brought the plate next to me, as if asking me to eat it. 

I don't, instead I stay seated there, staring at him while he continued to arrange the little single bed, not sparing me a glance.
Just as I was about to ask him a hundred questions, I heard the door open.

In came a female doctor, now that I notice, I'm in a hospital. That explains the unnecessary lights.

She looks a bit off as her eyes stare into mine, I was too caught up to say anything at all.

"I'm sorry to say miss, but you've lost your child."

She says and I can only stare at her, just more confused. I couldn't respond.

"I'll let you both alone now." She says kindly as she leaves the room once again.

"What rubbish?" I say and turn to Taehyung who still wasn't looking at me. His silence was starting  to kill me.

"Talk to me Tae, you don't believe that do you?" I ask him, my palm slowly hovering his.

He gently retreats his hand, making me feel horribly empty.

"Why? Am I not enough?" He asked, gentle but the pain in his words was clear.

"I told you then and I'm telling you now, please just trust me."

He scoffed.

He laid the plate with the cut apples closer to me.

"I can't hate you, I'm your husband. We are promised to each other, in front of us, our family and God. Heck I can't even come to hate you, that's how bad I love you."

My eyes burn as I try to make him understand but how, when I myself was so confused.

"Tae, I wasn't pregnant, I didn't lose a child, I didn't -"

"Fuck around with Jungkook? I believe you." He said strong but I knew he was being sarcastic.

"I didn't okay! To even think that I. The documents you showed me were fake, the doctor is lying, so please-"

"Look Aerum, I don't want to be a shady husband and leave you like this. I've always loved you and still do, even when you were messed up over that guy, I loved you. Knowing that you..., don't worry though. I ain't a jerk like that dude, I'm not gonna leave you, I'm gonna give you a thousand reasons to regret whatever happened." He said, all in one breath.

His eyes stared holes into mine and I knew he was being serious. How do I make him believe me? At this point I myself don't know what to think of?

Frustrated, my eyes drop tears of anger, all directed towards Jungkook.

Tae hugged me as soon as I broke down, which hurted me even more, I don't deserve this. This much love, and all I give him back, nothing.

I hug him back tight, my tears wetting his shoulder, his dress shirt, as I whimper like a baby.

If I apologised it would mean that I accept what was being said of me, I knew this was some sort of conspiracy, knew that Jungkook was the cause of this, and so I didn't want to accept fault over something I never even thought of doing.

I hugged Taehyung tighter, he rubbed my back, my tears grew more when he hugged me tighter, nuzzling his nose around my neck.

"I love you so much." My mouth rolled out those words without me trying. I felt Tae stiffen and pull away.

He held my shoulders and looked at me straight in the eye.

"Repeat that." He said simply.

"I love yo-" my mouth goes shut by his thin lips crashing onto mine, he kissed me deep and passionate and I only melted along.

He pulled away only to breath heavily due to the lack of air, his forehead resting on mine.

"so it takes that much for you to actually man up and tell me you love me."

Tae said with his eyes closed as his lips left a small painful chuckle, I know he's probably heard a lot, lot that was untrue, but I couldn't apologise when I did nothing wrong.

But the fact that he was the man that would risk himself and his love even after hearing that his wife cheated on him, a man like that I didn't deserve.

I slowly drop my head on his shoulder, he pushes me down so I lay on the bed.

"Rest well."

Spoiler: Jungkook stans Arise, he's on his way.

TBC