45

AERUM'S POV

Day by day things only got worse, I could see how clearly Jungkook and Ara treated me like an outcast. And if they ever did acknowledge my presence, they would only hurt me, insult me until I reach my breaking point.

I was a bit hurt cause of Jungkook, considering that we had just started a sense of friendship. But the things going on between me and Ara only left me shattered every time.

I wasn't even selfish anymore, I was desperate. I didn't know what I did wrong. Me and Jungkook never had anything to do with each other in the way that Ara portrayed to herself.

But she wasn't ready to listen to my explanation, neither was she ready to talk to me.

I distanced myself from all of them. Mom called me a few times, asking me why I wanted to stay away from 'home'.

Taehyung accepted me almost immediately. He was happy that we finally got to have sleepovers after so long. But it had already been a week now.

Not knowing what to do with myself. I was completely puzzled and Tae did all in his power to make me smile.

Sometimes I wish everything was still okay between him and Mari. They were perfect. He deserved all that happiness, then why. Just why did she break him, that was a huge shock for me...

I texted Ara again, how many times had I tried already?

I don't know what but after Jungkook's accident he seemed to hate me even more. In fact, he seemed perfectly fine with Ara, despite the heated conflict they had with each other that day.

"I'm home!" I heard a loud voice behind me.

"I've got Ramen, pork soup, fried rice and- hey?" Taehyung said behind me as I tried to look at him and display a little smile.

"Why you cryin'?" He asked trying to cheer me up and I frowned.

I touched my left cheek and felt my tears. I sighed and looked back at my phone.

A week of me trying talk to Ara every single day and not once did she reply.

She was someone I looked up to, what's going on now anyway?

"Nothing Tae~" I said and he put down the packets of food he just purchased for the two of us.

He walked next to me, soon embracing me, close to his broad chest where I found at most comfort.

He pat my head gently, soothing my pains in ways he'd never understand. I smiled into the hug. I could never repay him.

"Stop sulking, next time you go to meet Ara-ssi, I'll come along, maybe help the two sulking sisters too!" He said and winked before I hit his shoulder.

A little smile taking control over my face.

• • • • • • •

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I watched as Ara came back to my room, I was discharged a few days ago. Fine but still painful when I moved a lot. I was in bed most of the time, Ara never let me do any work.

She was everything I could ask for. I couldn't be more happy.

She came next to me and embraced me.

"How's my baby doing?" She said as a smile caught on her lips.

I returned the expression and replied with a short 'yes'.

Watched as she took out her phone, probably checking for any messages or so. I waited patiently.

It wasn't too late until I noticed a frown embracing her features. She looked sad?

Ara quickly turned the phone down and shut her eyes, her lips leaving a sigh.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I said as I pulled her closer.

"She wants you back Jungkook-ah, I  don't know what to do anymore. I tried telling her so many times. She says she'll harm you if you don't go back to her."

"Back? I've always loved you baby. I would never choose someone over you, someone who only cares about sleeping around. I promised you didn't I. Don't ever worry about her again, you've got all of me. I don't understand how you two could even be related."

"I love you." She said as she engulfed me, pulling me closer as her lips left a peck on my cheek.

"I love you too."

You're going to pay for the damage you've caused Min Aerum.

TBC