43

AERUM'S POV

The past few days were awful, I had never been to a hospital more than this. The cries that my parents and the Jeons had bore were still vibrant to my ears.

Anger has never brought anything good, when in rage man is bound to make the worst mistakes of his life. It was a horrible sight, Jungkook lying in a pool of his own blood.

Ara was disturbed, but she never visited him much. She wasn't ready to face him as she believed that she was responsible for whatever happened.

She would always come and talk to him as he laid on the bed unconscious when no one was around. Ara and I weren't in good terms either. She wasn't ready to believe anything I said, heck she wasn't even ready to talk to me.

The only person who loved me to the moon and back since I was born was now ignoring my very existence. That was nowhere a good feeling.

I took care of Jungkook most of the time. Talked to him over and over again, but he never seemed to wake up.

It's been two weeks already, with every second passing our anticipation rises along. Would he wake up? I have no idea.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked back to see a sad smile on my mom's face.

"Get some rest Aerum-ah, I'll take care of him for now." She said and after a bit of further convincing, I followed her words.

I went home and took a long bath to clear myself. My head only processed the cold stares that Ara has been displaying to me all this time.

Wearing a long T-shirt and sweatpants I made my way out to get something to eat. The cold atmosphere causing me slight goosebumps on the way.

I spent the day with movies, food and face timing Tae. He wasn't happy to know all that happened, Ara didn't want to conversate  with him either. We talked for hours and hours and in a way, I felt better. His smile throughout the call made me feel happy as well.

After disconnecting I shut my eyes and laid on the head of the couch, slowly drifting away to a much wanted slumber.

The constant ringing of my phone woke me up abruptly.

2 Missed Calls from mom

That scares me already, I clear my throat and rub my eyes to sound well awake and she picks the call.

"Aerum! Dear, he's awake."

"Give me 15 minutes mom." I said calmly and disconnect before picking up a jacket on the way. Soon driving to the hospital, the ward where he laid. The parents were all smiling and happy, they looked like they were trying to cheer him up.

My mother on noticing my presence pulled me with her to a side.

"Is something wrong?" I asked sincerely as I could see her frowning.

She held my palms in hers.

"He can't remember much due to the accident, but he does recall all of us so that's good. Don't remind anything that happened and smile okay." She said and I nodded.

I take care of him for over two weeks and he doesn't wake up but the moment I decide to leave, this little bitch wakes out of his coma. Grateful much.

I pull off a smile and reach closer to his bed. He seemed to be smiling and even chuckling with the family. The moment his eyes lay on me, his eyes seem to harden. Although it doesn't fade his smile, his gaze still stands cold and hard on me.

It changes to soft and childlike as soon as my mom started to speak.

I looked over to Ara and even she seemed to be quite distant.

I turned my gaze at the floor and slowly backed away. Making sure that my mom doesn't notice and leave the room. My lips left an exhausted sigh.

I sit down on one of the chairs and place my palms on my knees.

At this moment I could only think of one person. I take out my phone and call my only best friend. No I wasn't selfish, I was desperate for comfort. And that was something I only got when I was with him.

TBC