71

TAEHYUNG

Why can't we all just disappear?
I watched Aerum through the window, she had her eyes staring at the wall deep in thought. I promise I'll make you happier soon Aerum...

Jungkook was yet to come back, unable to wait I called him.

"Can we meet for a few? It's important."

TWO WEEKS LATER

"Take care of yourself champ!" I said and ruffled Aerum's hair, her shoving my hand away and pouting making me gleam a bright smile in return.

"Take care man," I said genuinely to Jungkook who waited along with us at the airport. Both of them had little eye bags as the flight to Beijing was due by 4 AM, forcing the lazy bums to wake up at 2 in the morning, in case of Aerum, she hadn't even slept. Staying awake so that she could talk to me while I was packing.

I breathed out a smile when I felt her arms embrace me tightly, looking over at Jungkook who soon gave me a man hug and smiled.

Aerum's eyes glistened and I could feel my face heating up, realizing that I probably wasn't going to see this fluff ball for a few years. Turning to the suitcases on the floor, I picked it up and looked back at the two pairs of eyes solely on me.

"Go now, take good rest, I'll call you once I reach," I said to Aerum and smiled at Jungkook.

Turning on my heels I walked towards the baggage counter and turned the last time before moving forward, waving to both before my turn came up.

I turned before they could see me tearing up and moved forward when it was my turn.

The flight was delayed due to the ongoing rains and I had to wait on the seats where the rest of the passengers were.

My eyes turning to notice a little commotion between two individuals and it looked like the woman was on the bad side, considering how the older man yelled at her and demanded a visit to the mains.

He looked like he was well off, a crazy rich oldie as Aerum would attest.

Sighing when the man started to make a fuss and the authorities showed up trying to calm the man. He started yelling spitefully and I frowned getting off my seat and facing the man.

"That's no way to talk to a lady Sir," I said calmly, the man turned and started to yell all over again, the security guards moved him away, in attempt to help him cool off and I turned to the girl who had her head down.

"Whenever we've met you've been in trouble with some man," I said as I watched her fingers clasping her palms tightly. She looked and seemed shocked to see me. Without wasting any time I left once I saw that she was okay and got to my seat.

"Passengers taking the flight to Beijing ..." Hearing the announcement I started making my way to the plane and looked through the glass windows the beauty of Seoul, gulping as I made my first step in.

The air hostess led me to my seat and I thanked her before seating myself, my eyes closing immediately after not getting any sleep.

"Thank you." I heard a voice say from next to me and opened my eyes to see my seat-mate who happened to be the same girl.

"Stop getting yourself in trouble like that Mari.," I said shortly and went back to have a peaceful slumber.

AERUM

The rains were only getting harder and I hoped that Tae got on his flight safely, waiting for the next morning, only for his call telling me that he was hale and hearty.

"The rains are only getting worse at this point."

Jungkook said while driving through the little lakes that had formed on the narrow roads due to the excessive rain. I nodded before slumping and closing my eyes, the sounds of the rain calming to me, the cool air inside making me sleepy as I hadn't slept that night at all.

"Hey! At least don't sleep on the front seat!" Jungkook scold me and I snickered before not paying any heed to what he said and closing my eyes, not realizing when I'd fallen asleep.

I miss him already...

JUNGKOOK

"Aerum." I said for the third time, my pointer finger poking her cheeks that were puffy from her catnap.

"You're cheeks remind me of a squishy," I said to myself but she heard it and opened her eyes, giving me a look of disgust that made me laugh out.

The windshield wipers kept moving, the atmosphere got colder and I could see how my palms got pale, smirking I looked at Aerum who smiled in her sleep, while I was struggling to stay awake and keep us alive along the long drive.

Taking my chilly hands I put them on her cheeks making her open her eyes wide and whine right after hitting me.

"That's for tempting me to fall asleep and almost crash this car twice!" I said and she looked at me angrily and knowing she was plotting something even eviler I laughed uncomfortably.

"Come on out, we reached."

"Stay, at least till he calls..." She said not looking at me and I nodded knowingly.

- - -

"Want something to eat?" I heard Aerum ask and I shook my head, falling on her couch.

"I'm just gonna borrow your couch for a while," I said shutting my eyes, feeling overly drowsy from the lack of sleep.

"Then what am I supposed to do?!" Aerum cried out and I opened my eyes to see her, awfully energetic for 6 in the morning, damn her catnap.

"I don't know, be my bodyguard?" I said smugly and she looked dumbfounded.

"Let's watch a movie, have breakfast at the same time. Then you can sleep." She tried to reason and I shook my head, smiling.

I could smell something cooking and I was tempted to open my eyes, but I stayed wanting to finish my sleep. The aroma deepened and I opened my eyes, flinching almost instantly to see a pancake right in front of my eyes.

"Aerum what the fuck?" I asked loud and she smirked.

"Now that you're wide awake, let's watch Toy Story." I threw daggers at her from my eyes as she handed me my plate of pancakes and a side of fresh strawberries.

Aerum went on to put the movie on and ran to her room, coming back with two blankets, a grey one that was the smaller and a larger white one. Smiling I put my hand out for the white one, considering how big it was, I was sure that she brought it out for me.

She threw the smaller grey one on my face and adorned the arranged the larger white one for herself.

"This barely reaches my ankles..." I said while staring at how the blanket was too short for me.

"Shut up Gulliver Slinky Dog's talking." She said shutting me up and I aggressively tried to fit myself in the tiny blanket and shoved the pancake in my mouth.

TBC