74

TAEHYUNG

The night sky looked beautiful as we walked through the place, Jungkook had fallen asleep, Aerum was awake, I couldn't sleep cause of the jetlag and that led us to where we're now. Walking along with the familiar grounds I dearly missed during my hiatus from Seoul.

"A lot changed huh," I said to Aerum to break the silence that grew as we spent most of the time to take in the beauty around us.

"You'll get used to it!" She gleamed a smile which made me smile back no questioning.

It felt like nostalgia, remembering how these were the same ground, we along with Ara ran around.

"How're things with Jungkook?" I asked the question that'd been lingering in my head since I boarded the plane from China.

"Good! We've been getting along." She said and I felt the clutch of pain running in my head.

Sighing I let out a smile.

"We should head back." I tried to end and walk back not being able to continue with the conversation. Stopping when I felt her hands hold my arm.

"Aren't you gonna bother asking if I waited for you?" She asked, her eyes looking sad and I scoffed looking away.

"What's the point anyways? It's obvious, I didn't need to ask a thing." I said and tried to pull away gently but she never let me go.

"That's where you've always been wrong..." She told me and got closer to me, wrapping her arms around my waist and looking up at me.

"You never bother to listen." She said and soon enough I felt her lips on mine, making me gulp but I didn't push her away. My eyes closed and she pulled away slowly. My eyes opened halfway yet I was able to see her idiotic grin.

"You fought for me, stayed when I needed help, why would I not wait for you then?" She asked and I felt confused.

"Then what about Jungkook-"

"He's been nothing but a sweetheart. He told me of your dumb sacrifice and I thanked him for it. If it wasn't for him, I would've been mad at you this whole time."

"Wait, you knew?!" I asked shocked pulling her away before looking at her questioningly, mouth agape.

"Yes, dumbo, now shut up and kiss me." She demanded and I frowned.

"If I shut up, how am I supposed to k-" she jumped on me before I could even finish my sentence, I smiled into the kiss and held her up by the waist.

"I love you so much, you idiot." She said whacking my head and I grinned apologetically.

- - -

"Smile!" Jungkook said and we posed to get ready, Mari kept tugging on his sleeves trying to get his attention, which he gave to her after taking our picture, pecking her forehead when she pouted and I smiled watching the scene, he finally got the happiness he deserved.

"Tae, she kicked!" I heard Aerum yell and I was dumbfounded, smiling happily as I jumped up and down at the news, followed by Jungkook doing the same. He was overjoyed when he found out that he was gonna be an uncle.

The four of us seated down once I and Jungkook had finished with the night's dinner, making both the women look at us proudly.

Everything was finally in place.

AERUM

"Why the long face?" I heard Jungkook's voice from behind me and turned around, smiling at him then turned back to look out the balcony. He followed suit and placed his forearms on the railing, breathing in the fresh air.

"Ara's birthday?" He asked and I nod.

"It's been long," I said and he nodded, his face turning gloomy once again.

"I'm happy for you though," I said and smiled at him.

"I was happy when Mari started hitting one you, at least you were gonna have some company."

He chuckled and looked up at the stars, his eyes gleaming at the reflection.

"Ara would be happy for you, so stop feeling guilty," I said knowingly and he smiled sadly.

"I know, just that. I wish things could've been different then."

"There you guys are," Tae said and joined us, patting my head.

"What are you gonna name her Aerum?"

Jungkook asked and Tae looked at me, both waiting for an answer.

"Can I name her Ara? It's okay if you don-"

"I like it. I wanted that too but wanted you to decide, that's what we're gonna call our angel." Tae said and kissed my nose.

"You guys really out here discussing life without the person who really needs advice." Mari complained from the back and we all laughed as she faked a tantrum at Jungkook.

TBC

last chap and explanations tomorrow yeehaww