14

AERUM'S POV

I've made my decision. I'm going to ignore Jeon Jungkook as much as possible, his eyes, sweet talks and everything else.

I took a deep breath before running downstairs, my eyes widen at the sight of my father sitting on the couch while talking to Ara. There was a gucci bag kept on the counter next to the main door and that means my mom is here too.

I was about to go back to my room until Ara noticed me. Shit!

I turned around and gave an awkward smile, looking up to my father I was shocked when I saw him returning me a short but sincere smile.

Ara came to me and handed me something like a gift and a bouquet.

"Mom's in the kitchen, go give it to her. It's her birthday dummy." She said and ruffled my hair.

Without any arguments, I quietly went to hand these to her.

She was working in the kitchen, making some food.

I just went and kept the gifts in the table next to her and muttered a small 'happy birthday' before turning to leave.

I stopped moving when I felt her grab my arm. I turned to her, boredom written in my eyes and she looked at me with tears ready to pour out.

I was confused but didn't ask anything further.

She came closer and hugged me. She kept pecking my closed fist and I still didn't understand her actions.

"I'm s-sorry, I'm s-so so sorry!" She said while crying her eyes out.

I hugged her back for the first time in the last fifteen years.

Feeling her warmth was something new for me, but I felt comfortable.

We talked and laughed after a really really long time. Atleast now I guess I have a mother.

The day was almost over when Tae and Jungkook came into the house. Taehyung waved at me and I waved back, chuckling slightly at him.

Then turning my gaze to Jungkook, he smiled warm and wide while I just gave him a short fake one.

I quickly sat next to Tae and turned to see what my parents were talking about. They were planning a few things about the wedding and I felt like my blood was boiling every time Jungkook looked at her, gave her a peck like we were in some rom-com.

Ara was seated on his lap while he held her waist tightly, my little family was so happy with this scene while I was getting angrier by the second.

Every time Jungkook made eye contact with me I looked away, whenever he smiled I just stared and then diverted my gaze to somewhere else.

At this point I didn't care if he knows for sure that I'm trying to ignore him, heck I don't even give a damn if he feels bad.

And this is the only option I have to get him out of my head, but why does it feel so hard.

I got up and told mom that I was heading upstairs since I didn't feel that well. She was concerned and asked me what was wrong but I said I was fine.

I felt wierd that she was good to me after so long but at the same time I was a bit happy. Especially after knowing that she was genuine in what she said and did upto now.

I ran up the stairs and quickly got into my room. Time went by and I didn't even realise that I was in my room for so long.

I could still hear light sounds of their talks, but not like I was able to understand what they were saying.

After a few hours it was quiet and so I assumed that everyone was gone. I got off my bed and went downstairs to grab something to eat.

Ara was tidying up some of the mess and I took an apple from the counter. When I was going to go upstairs I saw a phone lying on the couch.

It didn't look like Ara's so I took it up in my hands and showed it to her.

"Who's phone is this?" I asked while taking a bite off the apple.

She turned and her eyes went wide slightly.

"That's Jungkook's. They just left, could you go check if he's still out?! " she said quickly.

"Why me?" I asked questionably.

"Don't be stupid Aerum, I thought you were friends already, now go fast!!"

She shouted and I raised my hands up in defeat before running out.

He was no where to be found. I sighed and went back in.

"He already left!" I shouted and was going to go back to my room when Ara shouted at me.

"Oh no dear. You are now going to go and give it to him." She told to me and I frowned.

"Why? It's not my fault he was forgetful enough to leave his phone here."

I said and she looked angry.

"Aerum, you are going to go to his house right now and give him this phone." She said and I knew that she didn't want a further argument from her looks.

I whined and walked out.
Once again I need to come face to face with him.
Why is this so hard?

TBC