39

AERUM'S POV

I opened my eyes to face a severe headache. It almost felt like someone was hammering my forehead. My mouth left a deep groan as the body I tried to lift just sank into the bed once again.

My hands held my head tight as the pain only grew worse, I couldn't remember a thing. As I was trying to get up, the sounds of struggling had woken up the man beside me from his unconscious  state.

He just stared at me with his eyes partially shut, his dark brown bangs covering more than half of his forehead. He looked as if he hadn't had a good sleep in a long time.

I didn't even utter a word, only shut my eyes and fell on the bed once again. This time I could hear him shifting closer to me.

"Aerum-ah you okay?!" He asked and I shook my head indicating a 'No'.

I felt the bed rise so he probably got up. For a few minutes all I heard was the sound of the Air Conditioner, the lightly cold atmosphere making me feel calmer than before, yet it was still no match to the ruckus I felt in my head.

Tae came back and I could see meds in his hand as he held it securely between his fingers.

I just noticed that he was in a casual outdoor attire. He probably came home last night, but why couldn't I recall a thing?

"Here, take it quick." He said and gave me the painkiller, I gave him a weak smile to which he replied dearly.

I took it up my mouth and soon his hands brought the glass of water closer to me. Gulping down the water, I felt a bit more ease. He helped me lie on my back and I did. He wrapped his long fingers around mine and caressed my upper back, trying to soothe me off my pain.

"What were you doing here?" I asked but he didn't reply.

"Shh, just take rest for now. Once you're awake I'll let you know first." He said and I nodded into his chest. How I missed this, his hugs and caresses. Unknowingly, tears made their way into my eyes but I held them back. Not wanting to ruin this beautiful moment in any way.

JUNGKOOK'S POV

I broke the third bottle of wine in front of my eyes and the place was getting emptier by every passing second. My eyes were probably bloodshot. The waiters tried stopping me but I dodged them every time.

They tried warning me but knowing who they were messing with they decided to not interfere anymore. The last bottle, I wanted to throw it away as well. I wanted to see the broken pieces of dark glass around me, just like the condition my heart was in right now.

My knees fell down and I placed my palms down on the ground, not giving a shit about the little pieces of glass that went through.

The picture was so clear, I wouldn't have believed it if it wasn't that obvious. All the ignorance from the past few weeks. I clasped my body tightly around me.

I tried finding warmth elsewhere, but even that wasn't possible. I was lost in my own head space.

Would I be wrong to judge without having a proper conversation? Without asking if what I saw was really true?

I did all I could, but was it enough. I was in fault for whatever has happened between me and Aerum, but didn't she play an equal part as well?

I never went to the last extent, and this is what I get back. I felt like shit for crying so hard. My eyes felt sore along with my lips and cheeks. I got up with the little strength I had in me, turned to the owner who was looking at me apologetically.

The last thing I wanted at this moment was pity.

I rubbed the blood off my hands and threw a huge stash of money at the counter before exiting the place.

The back of my palm trying to clear my face but it didn't help one bit with the wound inside.

Why'd you have to cheat on me Ara?

TBC

Also, Shit's about to go down, so.... brace yourselves for all the angst I'll come up with in the next few 'INTENSE' chapters.

Byooo