62

AERUM

Three days and I missed Tae terribly, I thought I could talk to him whenever I was free but our phones were taken away. It was worse on the students though, they tried really hard to let go of their phones, sometimes shoving their hands in their pockets only to realize it wasn't even there.

I was worried about Tae, mainly cause that dork definitely would think that I was dead or something and that worried me more than anything.

"Ma'am!" I heard a girl call me and turned around to see Lami, paired up with her best friend Jaemin- (whoever remembers this duo has my heart)- they were together all the time, sometimes fighting, teasing, cuddling, putting all together they were the closest friends, reminding me of me and Tae again.

Sighing when I realized just how lovesick I had become I turned and walked over to where the kids called me.

"We're done with our cooking, we want you to try it." The duo said smiling and I nod, Lami held my hand and took me to the counter.

Like then it was another mutual game, each group was paired up and had to present a cute dish in 90 minutes, by cute it meant whatever they made, had to be plated in a way that busted all uwus. And man was I ready to see theirs.

I was crackling, they were adorable, the quiet guy Hyunjin had made his mother's special recipe kimchi, plating it like a tortoise. Smiling I looked at all of them and the time every student awaited, a teacher face off.

- - -

"Jungkook if you really wanted to help that bad you could've at least learned some cooking," I exclaimed out when I saw him pour in a big jar full of water into a dish that only required three cups.

The women teachers snickered and the female students gossiped about, the male students trying their best to cheer on the poor school trustee.

"I've never done this before alright give me a break!" Jungkook said trying his hardest to hold back the tears while chopping some onions.

Like before he wanted to help the women's team, I know he's just trying to be helpful, but the fact that he really can't cook is starting to bum me out. Women were outnumbered as there were only 26, men being a solid 30.

Being divided into two there were 13 women in each group, 15 men, on the other hand, so he had his reasons for wanting to help apparently.

- - -

"Dude, stop uhm...crying?" I said awkwardly, trying to calm him by hovering my hand over his shoulder, my way of soothing a grown man who'd just lost a cooking competition.

"I tried alright, I tried I really did, I can't just lose, ahh." He said and continued sobbing.

To think he was at least two years older to me.

I stopped being awkward, and turned over, sitting a bit away from him.

"See, Jungkook, sometimes, things don't work out the way we want to-"

I felt him hug me and my eyes widen in shock, I tried shrugging him away but that didn't work, so I did what I felt right. I punched his face.

- - -

"This is unexplainable, how do you accidentally punch someone in the face Miss Aerum." I had my head down and was listening to the oldest teacher amongst us.

Jungkook laid on the clinic bed again, this time with a sore, kinda black eye.

He looked at me, glared, showed me his tongue then turned away. What is he five?

"Aerum!" I heard the woman, bringing me back to listen to her scolding.

"Go apologize." She ordered, not even asking me why I punched him in the first place, this old hag...

I shifted and walked over to where he laid, now with an ice pack over his eye. The others started moving out and Jungkook still didn't look at me. Huffing I dragged one of the chairs and put it in front of him. Deja vu.

"See, I'm not exactly apologizing, you deserved that one, who asked you to be a little bitch?" The apology I had in my head sounded more formal, I couldn't help myself but sound smug.

"You could've told me to stop hugging you..." He said still looking away.

"None of this would've happened if you didn't act like a dick," I exclaimed and he scoffed.

He sat up straight and looked at me-glared at me.

"Fine, Sorry, friends?" He asked and looked at me expectantly.

"Why?" I asked and he put down the ice pack.

"I know I should've held myself back, but it felt nice, you sounded worried even if it was not much, it made me feel a lot better, so I hugged you." He explained and I just waited for him to continue.

"Please?" He asked again.

"Don't expect much, I'll try being more polite that's it. If you hug me without my permission again though, next punch wouldn't be in a very pretty area." I said and he nodded gulping.

"And, can I have my phone back?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I don't have mine either, you'll get it though, a day before we leave."

"Hmm, kay. Get better."

"Thank you." He said and smiled wide, his bunny teeth showing.

I left after that, my body burning in anxiety, I hope he isn't up to anything weird anymore, if he is, I was serious about attacking him again.

Thoughts of Tae invaded my head once again, what had this guy done to me.

TBC