55

AERUM

I laid myself on the bed, my eyes fixated at the ceiling as I waited for Tae. The sound of the door opening diverted my attention and I looked to my side to a freshly bathed Tae, he was wiping his hair with the towel when he turned to look at me.

My eyes diverted back immediately, feeling the heat rise up to my cheeks almost immediately. I heard him chuckle and throw the towel away before bringing himself to the bed, soon laying down right next to me.

His large arms circled around my petite body before pulling me closer to him, embracing me. I sighed relaxingly and held him by the waist, hugging him back. I could feel his big grin on my shoulder and felt myself smile in response, shutting my eyes to drift into sleep.

JUNGKOOK

"Get out!", she said monotonously but I could feel the heat radiating off her aura. Making my eyes look down apologetically to the floor.

I took a step out of the room to breathe freely like my entire chest was previously being weighed down against my will.

I held my head in my hands feeling the urge to let out a violent cry but I could only stop myself. The pain on my chest kept growing more than before and I let out a sigh. Pushing myself out of the house.

The cold air hit my skin but I felt nothing, my emotions all over the place. I hurt everyone so I obviously deserve this. I went back to the usual bar, the waiter nodding as acknowledgment and heading in to make my usual order.

The clear liquid with a side of olives covers only a small shot glass but has probably drowned many. I down it as soon as I take a seat and feel the burn linger on the back of my throat.

This went on, shot glasses slowly piling on the table in front of me. I could see blurry lights around, making me feel even more pathetic than I was already.

"Sir, are you okay?" said a voice next to me, on turning to confront the person, I couldn't even finish my sentence before I slurred and took a space onto the said person's shoulder, taking the man by surprise.

AERUM

My eyes opened abruptly to the sound of banging on the door, on turning my head to the wall clock I saw that it was only half-past two in the morning, meaning it was still dark outside.

Tae was still sleeping, knowing that he was a deep sleeper I couldn't even bother waking him up. I slip off his embrace and tie my hair into a bun before making my way downstairs. The banging got louder making me more alert.

I look through the hole to see two men, one holding tightly onto the other- whose silhouette I could recognize anywhere.

I unlocked the door and made contact with the stranger at the front.

"Oh thank God!" The strange man said historically and threw Jungkook's body onto mine, making me stumble back because of his weight.

"Please take good care of your property." He said before fixing his coat and taking leave.

"Jerk," I said glaring at the man who was now driving away.

Turning my eyes to a very stinky Jungkook, I noticed that he was insanely drunk. I let out a huge sigh and brought him to the couch in the living room. He simply fell off my hold and cuddled onto my couch, arm resting on one of the pillows.

I was gonna leave him there to go back to sleep until I heard him call my name, I turned to see if he needed anything but his eyes were still closed. I carefully made my way towards him and crunch down to see if he was okay.

He opened his eyes and smile as soon as his eyes met mine.

"Aerum-ahhhh", he slurred out and his breath me hold onto mine.

"Why so drunk Jungkook?", I as and he sheepishly smiles.

"I missed you so much." He says, soon his face gave a frown.

"Come closer, I don't bite," he said and I just scoff.

"Not what happened last time," I say sarcasm clear in my words and immediately his eyes tear up.

"I'm sorry, my head wasn't in its right state. Ara, it was all Ara. Please believe me Aerum."

His voice laced with anxiety and what looked like sadness, he was crying really bad. I was trying to convince myself that it was my sister he was talking about, that I couldn't just believe whatever he said. As I was about to move out of the room he stopped me once again.

"Trust me Aerum-ah, I've always liked you, you know that. I wouldn't do something like that to you. She made me do it.", for sure I felt bad for him, he was a crying mess. But I didn't want to start anything again, I was finally happy and now he comes back to make me question thing all over again.

Without turning back I left the room, not wanting to listen to him any longer.

I walk back into our shared room and see Tae still fast asleep, I get into bed and shift closer to him. He hugs me once again, drawing me into him even more. Making me close my eyes and shift to sleep.

. . .

While freshening up I couldn't help but think of all that Jungkook told me, it seemed surreal. I walked down to see that he wasn't there anymore. I didn't think much of it and head to the kitchen.

I started making a good big breakfast from how hungry I was. The sound of footsteps caused me to turn around only for my eyes to be met by those of Tae's.

"Breakfast?" He asked and I nod.

"Kay, I'll go set up the hall till then," he said and I smiled, he liked helping around, reminding me of how he always helped his ma in the kitchen.

I was done so I turned off the stove and took up our plates, moving to the living room to see Tae already seated, shifting channels.

I placed the tray on the table and jumped in next to him, waiting for him to put something on the T.V.

"Was someone here last night?", he asked and I felt myself getting heated inside. He must've heard from last night, I didn't want to make him upset.

"Yeah, Jimin came by to meet you after work, he finished late yesterday." I lie and feel overly immature.

Tae just smiled and took both of our plates in his hands and gave me mine. Soon enough we started having breakfast and surprisingly everything else went normal, just like every day. I hope nothing goes wrong anymore.

TAEHYUNG

I came out of the washroom after having washed both my hands grabbing the towel to wipe the water away. My head kept reminding me of the incidents from today morning.

"Kay, I'll go set up the hall till then." I cleared up the table and notice an envelope on the couch.

To Aerum read the front, I didn't want to open the letter, but I knew the writing too well. I opened up the envelope and the letter soon after, without reading through my eyes first went onto the end.

Signed Jungkook.

I felt myself heating up, but soon I tried calming myself down.

"She wouldn't."

I repeated to myself and slipped the letter into the pocket of my sweatpants.

...