23

JUNGKOOK'S POV

After the whole ceremony was over, it was like my life was changed. My mom grew extra loving towards Ara like she was her own daughter. Although we had weeks before we got married.

I didn't understand why, but I kept getting irritated.

Last night was like a war between me and Aerum. After her kiss, I kept finding every way to get her regret it. I couldn't just let her get away with that.

The water pouring on top of my head reminded me of all the times I spent with the two sisters.

I rested my hands on the wet wall in front of me as a wierd emptiness filled my stomach. Aerum's expression whenever I tried to get to her, whether it was when I hugged Ara or pecked her casually.

She didn't look fucking bothered at all, that hurted more than anything.

Was she really with Taehyung now?

I really need to stop, but at the same time I don't want to. I knew that all these thoughts I was having, all the things I'm doing, all of these are a huge sin.

It feels like I'm cheating on Ara in a way.

I turned the tap shut and took up the towel behind me. Wiping my body thoroughly after. Atleast the warm shower made me feel less tense from before.

I was never this way before.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I watched Aerum as she was laughing at the jokes we heard in the movie. She looked happy but I knew she didn't feel that way. I lied to her.

The kiss we shared last night meant a lot more that "just a kiss" to me. It was more than any feeling I ever felt. Like my entire body was lit on fire.

I wanted to apologise so badly...

I let my selfish desire take over me for the very first time. No, I wasn't fantasising about her. Neither did I ever imagine forcing anything on her.

Even confessing to my feelings was a huge challenge for me.

But for the first time, I did what I felt like. I kissed her beautifully plumped pink lips. It was a dream to me.

How many times have I tried to stop myself? Tried to move on?

But it isn't something easy when the person is your best friend. I spend almost everyday with her. And neither do I have any other female friends.

It was hurtful to see the one you love, crying over someone that couldn't love them back. Why don't they see the people who could even die for them? The one who would do anything to see a smile on their face.

But I still smiled as I saw her laughing, her eye smile, her dimples. Everything about her was perfect.

She sure was beautiful, inside and out.

If for one day I could be in Jungkook's shoes.

She kept her head on my shoulder and I could hear her let out a yawn.

"I'm sleepy." She said and I felt chills through my skin already.

I playfully moved my shoulder away causing her head to fall. She let's out a little cry and I just laugh it off. It was fun to see her getting irritated.

She then wrapped her arms around my waist and fixed her head in my stomach, her soft breath tickling me.

I was about to do something else to irritate the heck out of her when I heard her voice again.

"If you touch me again, I'll break your video games." She said sternly but that wasn't enough to stop me.

I smirked and then grinned evilly as my fingers moved up to pull her hair when her words stopped me again.

"I will tear off every single one of your gucci shirts." She said and I whined loudly. She laughed at that and got comfortable around my torso.

I rested my head back on the couch and stared at the ceiling above me. A smile dancing on my face.

It didn't matter as much to me, I know she'll never be able to feel the same about me. But I was happy about one thing.

Jungkook would never be able to embrace this side of hers. That's the beauty of friendship, and only I was able to hold that. She wouldn't love me as a lover, but rather love me a lot more than that.

That's what best friends are, people who love you more than a friend but less than a lover. And that was more than enough for me. Just her smile for as long as I live in the same earth as her.
That was enough...

TBC