68

AERUM

My feet started to give up on me, but I ran haphazardly, unable to calm down. The sirens and horns of countless vehicles kept growing louder and before I could stop a huge light along with a blaring horn made my ears hurt before the car got closer I was pulled away from the road, my head immediately hitting a hard chest and I tried pushing myself away but the person held me close.

"Aerum, it's me," I heard and looked up to see Jungkook, my head hurt more as I cried and he didn't ask me anything at all, holding me in his embrace and brushing my back, trying to calm me. He caressed my wet hair and I noticed his umbrella now lying on the ground.

"You heard?" I guessed he already knew the matter without me having to tell him anything.

He hugged me tighter as I cried in his embrace, the pain I felt grew larger and I felt myself slipping away. My head hurt even worse and I didn't realize when my eyes closed.

JUNGKOOK

"Shit!", I exclaimed out when I felt that her pulse was softer, worried I lifted her up. I hadn't brought my car out and my umbrella was destroyed by the raging cars. Confused and worried I reached out to her phone and searched for a certain caller ID, I can't believe I'm really doing this.

- - -

"She needs to rest Mr.Kim, she's had some exposure that has led her to a bad seizure. I can't tell she'll be completely okay, but she'll be up in some time."

Taehyung nods and I could see how he was just as worried as I was. The female doctor that examined Aerum took some prescriptions and told us how Aerum needed to stay away from loud or dangerous exposures, she was weak.

I felt pained to see her lying on the bed, no form of movement seen in her. Tae escorted the woman out and I couldn't help but sit on her side. Her chest rose softly as her breathing was slow. She was asleep all night, I felt her eyes flicker a bit and smiled expectantly, hoping to see her awake, till I felt movement behind me.

"Thank you." I heard Taehyung say behind me and nodded.

"Where were you?" I asked and he sighed.

"Busy with the job, I tried texting her and got worried when she didn't reply. Then you called and...you know the rest." He answered and I turned back to look at her sleeping figure.

"Coffee?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Just..keep her happy, always," I said to Taehyung and he turned to look at her too.

"We never really got along huh?" He said and I snickered.

"I'm responsible for why we didn't, so I apologize."

"Me too, I never did anything but hate you." He said and sat down on the other side of the bed, still close to Aerum. Feeling the slight bit of jealousy I looked away.

"I should leave," I said but my eyes didn't leave her even once, I watched her one last time, not being able to help the gaze I had on her. Why did I have to love you when I knew I'd be the only one hurting in the end?

Looking at Tae one last time I got up and left, picking my jacket which I had left to dry and leaving the house for good.

AERUM

"When we grow up, we won't get married. We'll continue to live as sisters, in a big house till we die, but you should take care of me alright!" Ara said and I nod, my pigtails moving along with me.

"We'll always be together," I exclaimed and jumped at my sister, cuddling her. She got up and held my little hand leading me to the oldest tree in the garden.

"Why are we here?" I asked as I looked up at Ara who towered over me.

"Take this stone. You saw how they wrote their names on the big tree in the movie right? Let's do it too!" Ara spoke out and I laughed.

"Araaa, that's for couples!!" I said and laughed.

"That's not how it is Aerum-ah, you do this when you don't want to break the bond between the person you love the most."

"I trust you, Ara! Let's stay together! Always." giggling we took the rough corners of the two individual rocks and engraved the initials of our names, messy handwriting because of the lack of practice, but emotions on point.

She hugged me, picking my small body up and kissed my cheek, making me giggle...

I felt tears in my eyes at the age-old memory, I was only three then. Opening my eyes I saw a sad and zoned out Tae.

Hitting his arm to get his attention, I pretended to look mad at him.

"I should be the person you look at so lovingly, not the ground," I said and chuckled, but he looked sad, he gave me a smile but I could tell that he wasn't okay.

Before I could ask him anything he spoke up.

"We should go to hospital Aerum.." He said and I frowned.

"Why? I'm alright-"

"No, you're not. You had a seizure Aerum, I want to make sure you're alright. An appointment wouldn't be that bad now would it?" He looked at me and held my hand.

"Fine, but not now. Let me be for some time pleasee." I asked pouting and he shook his head.

"Kay, but that some time is for you to fill up on something." He said while patting my tummy and laughing.

- - -

We were done eating and I was waiting for Tae to finish dressing up to leave. I kicked the ground and soon enough, I decided to wait outside. I walked out the door and looked at the sky, the sun was hidden and bright clouds were the only view.

I walked around the porch and noticed a piece of paper under one of the flower pots. Out of curiosity I picked it up and started to read whatever was written on it. My breathing fastening as I read each line, feeling anxiety take over me.

Not thinking much I picked up the car keys and drove myself, hearing the constant voice of Tae yelling at me to stop.

"Please don't do anything stupid now..."

TBC

So, hi.