EXPLANATION

Hey.

- - -

So Aerum was the youngest in the family, growing up normally without her parents who were usually out because of their business, during this time she was left with Ara, her older sister and Taehyung who grew in similar conditions, the three became best friends spending most of their time together.

Taehyung had parents who gave him their time and love, so was the same for Ara, problem was that Aerum didn't. As mentioned in the story a few times, growing up, most of their parent's attention was over Ara, Aerum never complained but she did feel inferior in her parents' eyes.

It only got worse as they grew older, when people started befriending the more spontaneous and cheerful Ara, neglecting the quieter and introverted Aerum. She now felt deeply that her parents always neglected her but Taehyung helped her throughout. Staying with her and taking care of her whenever needed and it was during this time that Taehyung developed a little crush on his childhood best friend.

Aerum's parents didn't exactly hate her, because of her introverted nature she was never the one to approach people, so were her parents, leading them to that misconception. This was why later on when Aerum finally confronted her parents they felt ashamed for never knowing how their younger daughter had felt.

Ara introduced Aerum to Jungkook on her birthday and one thing led to another, she developed a crush too. She wanted to rid of the cause of her feelings because of her admiration for her sister. Growing up with her she had imprinted on her a lot.

Jungkook and Aerum clashed a lot but when he finally developed feeling for her back, she was gonna get engaged to Taehyung, who finally managed to confess to her.

Ara suspected them but never said a word, getting people to help her instead, who indeed made their plots against Jungkook, doing whatever to find him with Aerum.

When Jungkook rose from his coma, partially losing his memory, Ara took this chance to feed him lies that she believed would finally get him away from Aerum, hurting her in the process. All this led to her finally being able to give in to her relationship with Taehyung.

Things got harsh when Ara saw how Jungkook's memory was slowly returning and he started to hate her cause all of the things her petty lies made him do, from badmouthing Aerum to even hurting her. At this same time, Aerum and Taehyung got better. Giving each other chances that they deserved.

Seeing her relationship collapse slowly with Jungkook, she started to envy Aerum who had everything despite being the wrong one at the start, for having eyed her soon to be husband. Not knowing that Aerum had given up on him a long time ago.

Ara managed to make fake documents of abortion even, only in hopes that just like Jungkook hated her, Taehyung would start to hate Aerum too. But Taehyung stood headstrong, wanting to prove himself instead of making rash decisions, which only made their relationship firmer and Aerum was only falling for him deeper.

Now Jungkook wanted to apologize to Aerum, but that meant he had to unveil all of Ara's doings which was hard considering how much Aerum looked up at her sister. So he tried, but Aerum stayed away, afraid that she would anger Taehyung. She didn't want to lose him.

Jungkook got more desperate, whereas Ara made his life hell. Jungkook sure liked Aerum, but her forgiveness mattered more to him which was why he followed her around at the school. The school trip helped in this matter, giving him a chance to voice out.

Of course, he didn't expose Ara, not wanting to ruin their relationship. Aerum gave him a chance, as a friend, and they did well. Ara had an eye on Jungkook's actions, and the morning when she visited Tae, she asked him to go to the location of the trip. When he went there what he saw was the image of them hugging, when Aerum had finally managed to befriend Jungkook.

Overly demotivated and lacking in confidence he felt disheartened knowing Jungkook was better than him he felt that Aerum could leave him. So he showed it by the silent treatment which crumbled down quick and he forced himself to listen to Aerum's part of the story, lightened when he knew that they were just friends but still a bit jealous of the fact.

Aerum tried to reconcile with her sister who was slowly cutting off all ties with her, one day finally confronting the woman, only to find out how much Ara despised her.

Feeling completely out of place she ran away from her after telling Ara what she truly felt all along. When she did, Ara realized her foolishness. When Jungkook found her in the rain, she seemed fatigued, passing out and during this time it was only diagnosed that she had a weak heart.

They were asked to visit a more professional doctor and treat her and that's when Aerum found the letter Ara left for her.

At the cliff, they spent time together, Ara felt depressed knowing how she'd been a fool to disregard her own sister and plot her downfall. They were getting along, Aerum forgave her sister for being spiteful, a kind heart who simply wanted her sister back regardless of what she did.

Which only did Ara worse making her feel worthless leading to her suicide. Jungkook held Aerum back from going after her, and Taehyung went on quicker to help Ara, but alas it didn't work.

Before Ara jumped she asked Taehyung to give Jungkook a chance, she knew how much she had hurt him, and wanted them to be happy. Ara was like a sister to him as well and he felt horrible but he did it. Accepting the job in Beijing in hopes that maybe Aerum could develop feelings for Jungkook. He did it for Ara.

When he called Jungkook, he told him of this matter and asked him if he was okay with helping. Taehyung said that he would be away for a few years and if time was right for them, they'd come back. Jungkook took care of her during these years, helping her whenever she had a seizure cause of her weak heart. Eventually falling for her, but Aerum waited.

Jungkook confessed but when Aerum politely rejected him, he told her of Taehyung's idea. Making her even more determined than she was before. Jungkook continued to be a good friend of hers and helping her when she really needed it.

When Taehyung returned, seeing them together and happy, he thought his plan worked but yet he was sad about it, cause he waited. During the time, Mari, who was the girl he had dated shortly was his secretary in Beijing. Over time they became good friends.

Aerum told him how she waited for him too and it made him more than happy. Leading a happier life in contrast to the past that they shared.

Mari, still Taehyung's secretary in Seoul, managed to meet Jungkook through them and liked him. She confessed to him and soon Jungkook too had someone he could call his.

As for Ara, her body was found by the authorities only months after, once they did, they made all arrangements for a proper funeral.

No one was a bad character in this story, Jungkook realized his mistakes and wanted to be better. Ara was a victim of jealousy and when the time came she learned her faults and apologized. Guilt made her kill herself but in Aerum's eyes, she was still her sister who she grew up with. Making her name her daughter Ara, in a way of remembrance.

Jungkook told little Ara about her aunt, and what misconceptions and secrecy could do to a good relationship. He lost two people he loved but finally was gifted with someone who accepted him and loved him endless that was Mari.

Infidelity as the name states did happen, when Aerum liked Jungkook in the beginning despite him being engaged and when Jungkook liked Aerum towards the end.

Both couldn't don't have a reason to end up together, they had conflicts arise one too many times. As far as they could go, they could only be friends.

Each character had an ending that was imaginable and appropriate.

It was memorable writing this book, and I hope it continues to grow in the years to come. Thank you all for being patient with this book.

THE END