57

AERUM

I woke up to a sound I thought I'd never heard again, I jumped out of bed trying hard to ignore the growing pain in my lower body, quickly freshened up and limped down the stairs but still got down before the voice could fade.

"Doesn't matter Tae, blood relation comes first, I can do whatever I-" she stopped when I was about ten feet away from them.

"Ara...", I breathed out as my breath hitched and my eyes burnt but I held back and smiled. I was so happy, it was the first time in months that she was the first one to drop by.

I walked closer to her almost immediately to embrace her, just before I could wrap my arms around her, she stopped me.

She held me down with her palm holding my shoulder, my smile dropped but my gaze on her never did. Her eyes remained stoic and it pained me to have to witness her like that.

"When will you stop pretend." She said emotionless and I felt the air in my lungs explode out like I was unable to breathe. Was she not here for me? My feelings were pretence for her?

"Ara-"

"I was here to meet Tae, I'm done so I'll leave now." She said all the while looking at Tae. Not even bothering to bear a glance at my side, making me feel horrible empty inside. She left without looking back, while all I could see was her.

When she shut the door hard I felt all the energy in me leave, the pain I withheld to be able to stand firm in front of her so that she didn't have to see how I was feeling was now pouring out like poison.

My knees gave up on me but before I could fall, Tae held me by my arms. Pulling me closer to him.

"Why doesn't she even listen to my side?" I breathed out, holding on to the tears that were begging to be let out.

"Don't think much of it baby, I'm here for you right, do you need anyone else?" Tae asked as his soft hands held up my face to look straight at him.

I nod and he gave me a small smile.

"Come with me." He said and I tried, I could walk but slow, Tae took his chance to slip me off the floor and shush me before I could say a word.

He led us to the shower where he put me down on my feet once again and kissed me gently, making me forget about how I felt that morning.

Without breaking the kiss he stripped me of the oversized shirt I had on, soon guiding me to the shower once he had undressed as well.

I turn the water and steam stuck to the glass doors of the shower, Tae helped wash my hair, he massaged my forehead and my heart melted with how much he tried to make me feel better. I took the shower gel and the bath soon smelt like paradise.

I smiled as Tae aggressively rubbed the towel over my head in attempts to dry the remaining water.

"Seriously, I do the same and it barely takes a few minutes. What do you need so much hair?" He said clutching his arms as the muscles started to ache from the repeated action.

"Do the same for a few more days and you'll finally develop some muscle," I said giggling, watching him in pain was fun.

"Kay then, we can do the making you scream all night procedure every night so that I eventually develop some muscl- Hey!" he yelped out as I strike his shoulder with my tiny balled fist.

"That's what you get for being a dick," I said sticking out my tongue.

"Last night you pretty much enjoyed this d-" "Oww!" Tae screamed out when I pinched his nipple.

Clutching on to his chest he stared at me in disbelief while I smiled smugly.

"Am I really the husband in this relationship?" He said still staring while in shock and I snatched the towel from his hands to replace it with his and dried his hair for him while he pouts.

"Sure honey, sure," I said as I laughed while drying his hair.

It was fun until his phone rang, I was about to move my hands away but he stopped me, holding on to my wrists to continue so I did. He answered and it seemed to be dad, his dad.

"Next month? The project wasn't until December." I heard him say as I was still drying the excess water off his head.

I heard him sigh and tell dad that he'll think about it.

"What's up?" I asked and he sighed again.

"Dad wants me to take over completely starting next month. He said causing me to frown.

"That wasn't until December though?" I asked and he nodded with his eyes closed.

"It was only a matter of time, his health issues are rising and he says its best if he retires. It could be hard on him to extend to another year."

I didn't respond, I threw the towel off to the side as I was done and he turned around.

"Hey." He said as his hands held mine and looked straight at me.

"It's only about a few hours, I'll leave before you wake up, get the work done by evening and run back home, how's that sound?" He asked and I just stared at him.

"You can come around too you know that right, we can have lunch together too, after that I'm all yours anyway." He said with a smug smirk and I shrugged him off making him laugh.

"Till then let's look at some jobs for you so that you have a handful too." He said and that's how we ended up surfing the net for some good jobs where I could apply, for the time being, it wasn't about the money, I wanted the experience and that's what Tae helped me to search for.

"This is it."

- - -

It had been a week, and I woke up to see the clock that struck 6 AM. Tae woke up along with me, he started work after an entire week, yet he insisted on waking up with me so that he could drop me.

At 8 AM and we were standing in front of KeJeon High School, I was assigned as a homeroom teacher for one of their classes. Tae wanted to come with but I forced him out before the guard would, who unexpectedly smiled at me and helped me to the reception where I got further details and was allowed class M-1, they praised how the young adults were brilliant and so I was the least bit excited.

That excitement went down when I made eye contact with the trustee of the school, who was on rounds with the principle to be notified with how the school was coming up.

I took a deep breath and got into my class before any further contact could be made.

"Aerum? What are you doing here?"

TBC