41

MARI'S POV

I couldn't stop crying. Ever since that day all I did was shut myself away. Why I had to do this? What enmity did I have with such kind-hearted people?

The hatred I saw in Taehyung's eyes that day, the image never left my mind. I didn't have a lot to remember him either. It took less than a few minutes for us to get together, and it took less than a few minutes for us to break apart.

The sound of footsteps entering my room had alerted me quickly, but the voice of my brother calmed me down.

"Mari, I've made dinner." He said and caressed my back.

He loved me to the ends of the world and back, but why was he never like this with other people. This little thing about him always had me terrified of him.

He had back stabbed many people. I guess I'm the only person that has never come under that list.

I pretended to be asleep, even when I knew that it would never work on him.

He just sighed and left me there. My so called brother who always claimed to love me, couldn't choose me over his meaningless grudges. How pathetic..

AERUM'S POV

I kept tapping my feet recklessly on the ground. Waiting on the sofa for my sister to return. The wedding was the day after and my sister was gone missing for the last two days.

She was unreachable until this morning. She texted me, asking me to meet her at our ancestral house. She didn't want me to say anything to mom and be there all by myself.

It was a two hour drive but I could go on for days if it was for her.
It's was darker by the time I reached. The house looked old enough to be considered as abandoned. No one stayed here after the death of my grandparents.

Despite everything the house was still dear to me. This was where I fooled around as a toddler. The wrinkled hands that always lifted my petit body off the ground and swirled me like a princess, how I missed them.

I got inside to see the place and it had no changes whatsoever. The faint structure of Ara's made me widen my eyes. I felt a smile creeping up my lips and I sprinted towards her. Immediately engulfing her in my arms.

She still had her back towards me. I took that time to take in her scent and cherish the last few days she wasn't with me.

Finally letting out those words that I never thought I could say to her.

"I missed you so much." I said and just saying it made me grin unconsciously.

She turned around and gave me a little smile, but it wasn't the smile that I grew up watching.

"Is something wrong? Where were you these days Ara?"

She looked at me properly this time and fit her palms into the pocket of her jeans.

"Nothing, just needed a break for myself before the 'big day'."  She said and left a small chuckle.

She stared at her feet and then came back to looking at me in the eyes.

"How's your relationship with Jungkook doing now?" She asked and immediately the scene from that night flashed across my eyes.

"Uh, it's better from how it used to be. We get along well and don't fight as much anymore." I ended with a scoff.

"I can see that." She said under her breath but I heard her well enough.

"Talk to me Ara." I said as I felt the air around grow more and more tense.

She looked away from me, her lips leaving a sigh that seemed full of disappointment.  She walked closer to me and placed an envelope on my palm. Before I could open it, a voice from behind me stopped my actions.

What was Jungkook doing here?

"There's the man of the hour!" Ara said but I could clearly hear the false humor in her voice.

Jungkook jogged up to Ara, as if he could hug the soul out of her. He probably missed her too.

Jungkook opened his arms wide to embrace her but she stopped him. This small resistance shocking me in countless ways. Ara wasn't someone to ever reject hugs and caresses.

What happened in the last few days?

I could hear Jungkook scoff and it diverted my attention.

"You don't even like my touch anymore huh?!" He said and with every word his voice grew more stern. He was angry.

"After touching others behind my back, I would never want your filthy arms on me."

She said and I could feel my throat hitching. Seeing Ara this way was the last thing I would wish for.

"What do you mean?" He was taken aback for sure, it was clear from the way his face turned pale.

I was just standing there dumbfounded. Watching a couple who looked like they were ready for a ferocious fight.

Ara's eyes were filled with tears already.

"How was it like to fuck my younger sister behind my back!?"

TBC

Quick Question: how old do you guys think I am based on my writing? 😂