38

AERUM'S POV

It was a foggy day, Ara was out with Jungkook. Tae was out with Mari. Mom and dad were probably together too.

I, a single person in this world full of relationships was making coffee for myself in this beautiful day. I rolled my long sleeves up and tied my hair up in a bun before letting out a yawn.

My fingers rubbing the corners of my eyes. I held the sides of the counter and closed my eyes. This was something I missed in a long while.

There was a knock on the door and it woke me up. I rushed to get the door but then ran back just to turn the stove off.

I turned the keys and opened it to see no one there, it was just me and they grey sky. I waited for a few seconds before awkwardly shutting the door. Slowly walking back to the kitchen.

Another knock.

I went back faster this time and opened the door. No one, I started to get frustrated and shut the door with force. This time I stood in front of the door.

I waited for a few minutes but there was nothing. Tapping my feet on the floor as I waited. I was starting to get impatient.

This time the knock was more louder and I opened the door as fast as I could. I wish I never did.

The next thing I knew was someone carried my weak body from the ground and shut the door. Leading me somewhere inside the house.

• • •

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I waited on the sofa for Mari to come back. She entered the living room with a glass of juice while I was inspecting the interiors of the house.

The house seemed a lot different from what I knew of her taste. She smiled as she handed me the glass and I returned the expression.

"So you live alone here?" I asked her as I took a sip.

"Yes, I have a brother but he's rarely home" She said and played with her dress.

Hmm, brother. Says a lot in itself. As I got done with the beverage, she helped me with it and took my hand in hers. Brushing closer to me, her eyes stared into mine eagerly.

"Taehyung, what are we?" She asked and I gulped.

I didn't know how to answer, yes I said that I had a good feeling about her. She was someone perfect for me. Aerum liked her too.

What else was required?

"You're a r-really great friend and-" I got cut off by her. Her gaze was so strong I couldn't help but get nervous.

"Just a friend.." She said and let go of my wrist.

"Taehyung I have something really important I need to tell you."

She said and stared at me once again, this time a lot softer.

"I think we need to stop seeing each other."

She said and I felt my eyes widen slightly. Was she serious right now?

"Did I do something wrong? Look I'm sorry-"

"No, you didn't. It's just that, I already have someone in my life, whom I love very much. Thing is, he thinks you and I are a couple. We've been fighting a lot lately about that."

She said and my eyes grew heavier by her every word.

"It would be best if we never talk to each other again."

She said and was about to continue but I didn't let her. I stood up abruptly and looked at her.

"I see. It's fine." I couldn't find more words in my mouth. Before I embarrassed myself I ran away.

"Taehyung!" I heard her say behind me.

Why was she calling out for me now? I could feel tears forming in my eyes but I still ran with all my might. Not wanting to hear any more of her hurtful words.

She loved someone, then why on earth did she spend all that time with me.

Days, nights, talking on the phone. I couldn't meet Aerum ever since. It was hurtful to know that it was all just just a waste of my time.

There was a lot of fog around me but by the looks of the place around I could tell that I was close to Aerum's house. How the heck am I supposed to find it like this?

My tears only grew more in number, why did I even think that she would've loved me back? Such a stupid thought.

I fanned my palms and could see a bit of the house I was looking for. Using the spare key I had, I twisted the knob to see that it was already unlocked.

That was unusual of her.

I got in shutting the door behind me.

"Aerum-ah." I said loud but didn't hear anything at all.

I walked up the stairs to her room but she wasn't there either. I looked at the other rooms but she was nowhere.

I came back downstairs and looked around. I had stopped crying but my eyes were sore. I searched around the kitchen and the other rooms and saw her deep asleep in her parents room.

A smile unknowingly appeared in my face as I made my way towards the sloth. When I sat down next to her I noticed droplets of sweat covering her forehead.

Getting up once again I switched on the air conditioner.

I lied next to her and embraced her into my arms. Something felt wierd, she smelt different. It was past noon, Aerum never slept this long.

Even though my mind raced with all of these doubts, I still couldn't withstand how tired I was because of myself.

My eyes closed on their own and I fell asleep beside her.

TBC