65

AERUM

I tried kicking the sickening feeling and get up but my body wasn't agreeing with me, causing me to fall back again, soon enough I felt what was later known to be blood trickling down my head.

Before I could blackout I saw Tae push Jungkook away and that was the end.

- - -

When my eyes opened, I felt pain like never before, my head turned really bad and I tried stabilizing myself. I was on our bed, my head bandaged. Tae walked in and saw me, coming closer, I thought he was gonna say something but he remained quiet.

Reaching out to change my bandages and I took hold of his wrist.

"Tae, at least look at me." He looked horribly dead in the eye. I held my hands over him, holding it in place and looking at him without a break, wanting to see if he'd warm up.

"I need to clean the wound." He said and pushed my hand away gently making me feel immensely sad inside. He quietly fixed the bandages, not looking at me even once, even when he was all I could see.

Once he was done, he got up and left. I was confused, not understanding why he'd react this horribly when he only saw Jungkook on the door. Things were finally getting better.

It hurt me to see how he worked in ignoring me.

I tried getting up despite the pain I felt in my head, walking out after some time I saw Tae all dressed up with some files in his hand.

"Where are you going?" I asked and he answered without even looking at me,

"The job starts today." He said and I visibly frowned.

"Wasn't that in two days," I said and he didn't bother replying, shutting the door abruptly without uttering a bye, forget even looking at me.

I felt horrible but I didn't cry, holding myself and walking over to the kitchen, cutting myself some fruits and trying to build an appetite.

I didn't have a lot to do, roaming around the house, particularly going through our albums. Pictures of Tae and I from childhood onwards, I smiled wide not even realizing it.

My phone rang and I picked it up to see Jungkook's caller ID, I picked the call and heard his voice almost immediately.

"Are you okay?" He asked so fast it sounded like gibberish.

"Yes, yes I am," I answered faking a manly voice.

"I'm serious Aerum." He deadpanned and I smiled sadly.

"I guess I am, what about you?" I asked and he sighed.

"Good," he answered shortly and I scoffed.

"You were legit bleeding your ass off you idiot."

"Well, would you like it if I hit your husband?! Speaking of him, how're things over there?" He asked and events from this morning saddened my mood all over again.

"They're okay?" I said, more like questioned.

"Things aren't so great here either, Ara hasn't returned home?"

That moment I forgot all about myself, my little argument with Tae, the pain on my head, everything...

"Where is she?"

"She left a note, saying she'll be back. I tried talking to your mom, she said Ara was with her so you don't need to worry." He answered.

"Tell me as soon as she's back will you?"

"I can't understand you two sometimes." He whispered but I caught on.

"What do you mean?" I asked and he took a deep breath before answering.

"You believe your sister too much Aerum, to the point where whatever she does is right to you. Like she's your idol.." He said and I felt myself getting heated up.

"Isn't that how it's supposed to be? Don't say that Jungkook, she's my sister, she'd do the same for me." I said feeling protective over my older sibling.

"You should see people for who they really are Aerum." He said and ended, soon both of us bid our goodbyes.

Once again I was left alone, I was home for the next two days and had to go to work then. I texted my mom asking if she was free, feeling overly bored and wanting some company.

Within seconds she replied, telling me that I can come over.

I didn't want to worry her, so I undressed the bandages, covering it with a bit of ointment and hovering strands of my hair over the wound.

Not wanting to drive I took the local bus and reached mom's place within a good 15 minutes.

The door opened and mom smiled bright, hugging me tight, the height difference making me chuckle, she was only as tall as my chest. I hugged her tight with the same intensity and she invited me in.

Bringing in the jar of cookies she sat next to me and I devoured the cookies in the jar, reminding me of older times.

I looked around for a certain figure but didn't see it anywhere.

"Where's Ara?"

TBC