Chapter 1

Author's Note

Hey guys😃Ebben-Ezer here. So like, all of this is new to me, so there are possibilities of a lot of mistakes. I can't say that I'm perfect. So, I've decided to try out something new. I hope you like my book.💛

Thank u to Jananghae for the beautiful cover. I love it❤

I've tried my very best to try and describe the characters. Reason being, I'm not a person that likes to put images of characters up cause I like people imagining their own characters. You know, having a picture of your own character in the head is better than someone telling you how the person looks like. And at times, the picture doesn't match the image that you have in your in head. But if you have a problem with it, just hmu and I'll help u guys out, ok?

Enjoy!!!!

×××××××××××××

Chapter 1

POV: James

Hola, my name is James, but that's all you need to know for now. For you will get to know me a whole lot better in the story.

It was 05:30 and I was expected to drive my boss to a business meeting, two towns away from the city, in about an hour. Okay, okay.....allow me to formally introduce myself. My name is James, James Smith. A very good-looking fella, charming, funny and the man of your dreams. You can call me James Bond 'cause I bond with all the ladies, if you know what I mean. Alright, enough about me. I am formally known as Aaron Valerons' bodyguard, brother from another mother, best friend and mentor. Does the name Aaron Valeron ring any bells? Anyway, him and I share a bond that no living being could break. I was always by his side, meaning that any decision that he wanted to make had to go through me first. We were like Romeo and Juliet, well....he was Juliet 'cause c'mon, I had the looks and it was quite obvious that I suit to be Romeo.

When I woke up today, I had a sick feeling in my gut. Aaron had told me days prior that we would be traveling on this day, but something felt very odd about it. The sun just didn't shine as bright as it usually did, you get me? I stood in the kitchen drinking some strong coffee, whilst I tried to shake off the bad feeling. You know, I am a big guy and I had to keep my physique, I know that what I just said doesn't make sense but let's pretend it did, ok?

Aaron was busy doing his morning exercises. Every morning and evening, he would do his exercises after and before bed. He had a gym built inside his house. The gym was the place he would always go to and take out all his frustration. Well, as for me, breaking a sweat was my thing but nowadays, I didn't feel like working out. Actually, I was resting from all the exhausting days of hard work. Just like how women give birth and are given months off from work, I was doing the same but I wasn't going resuming work, anytime soon.

"James, aren't you joining me, today?" asked Aaron.

"I'm not done with my coffee," I replied, as I took a long sip from my mug.

A smile appeared on his face. "You always have an excuse, don't you?"

"It's not an excuse plus, I'm already dressed for work."

"Whatever James," he responded as he continued with his dead lifts.

Thinking about the meeting ran a shiver down my spine. I couldn't help but think about it. My intuition was never wrong. I smelled danger. "Sir, are you sure about that business meeting? I've got a bad feeling about it. How about you skip it?" I asked, hoping that he'd side with me.

He smiled.

"It's not funny," I frowned at him.

"James, I don't know what has gotten into you this morning. It's only for a few hours and we'll be back. What happened to the fearless James Bond that I know?" he responded.

My hope dashed, as I just looked at him in silence.

After he had finished with his exercises, he took a shower and got dressed. When he was done, we got on the road as two cars of my men followed behind. Extra hands to get work done.

POV: Isabel

It was 13:49 when my shift ended. I was tired of standing and my feet were killing me. I was a cashier at a local supermarket that wasn't far from my house. It was the only job that I had managed to get. I don't really like talking about my upbringing or my past because it brings back disturbing memories. All I can tell you for now is that I'm an orphan.

On the road from work, I noticed a crowd of people. They seemed to be looking at something if not someone. As I got closer, it had become clear to me that they were surrounding a black SUV. From the vehicle, smoke emerged from the engine. I managed to get past the crowd of people that looked on and noticed a man in the backseat and another one in the passenger seat. I looked at everyone that surrounded the car with disbelief on my face. No one had even bothered to help the men that were in the car. Had they even checked if the victims were still alive? Every day, people made me question their actions.

I sighed as I got into the car. I had to act fast. I had experienced such situations and trust me, that was the most horrible way of dying. I checked for their pulse but only one had a pulse, the other one was dead. The one in the backseat was still alive but he had blood dripping down his face. As I tried to get him out of the car, he couldn't move. I stopped and noticed that his seatbelt was the obstacle. It was jacked. As I tried to free him, I could scent the smell of petrol. I wasn't an expert or anything, but I knew that it was not a good sign.

I looked around and the people outside were still staring at me, instead of helping. That angered me so much. I turned back to the victim and tried working against time, at a faster pace. I needed to think and act fast. My gaze fell at the pieces of broken glass that were at his feet. At that moment, I knew that there was hope, after all. I quickly grabbed a piece of broken glass and tried to cut the seatbelt. My hand got cut in the process, but it was the least of my worries. The victims' life was more important than my hand.

Once I had freed him,I called on the people to help me carry the victim from the car. When he wasout, as I was about to jump out, my leg got stuck between the seats. It took mea while to free it but I had managed to free it. So, as I was about to jump,the car exploded.

Don't forget to vote, comment & share