Chapter 2

Chapter 2

POV: James

I was so thankful to the girl that had saved Aaron's life. For a moment, I thought that it would be the last time that I would ever see him again. Everything happened within a blink of an eye. That girl was his guardian angel. And no (laughing), I wasn't the dead dude in the car with Aaron.

I had told Aaron about my bad feeling but being stubborn as he was, he didn't listen to me. I had done my part. The Almighty knew that I tried to talk him out of it.

After the meeting, on our way back, we were being followed. When I noticed, time had already run out. All my men that were following us were taken out. A black car pulled up in front of us, one at our side and another one at the back. We were outnumbered. I quickly called for backup but when I looked out of the window, two men with guns stood there. One of them shattered the window with their gun. On Aaron's side stood one armed man. I took one last look at Aaron before I pulled out my pistol and took the first shot. The next thing I knew was me being knocked out.

Jeremy's men. There was no denial in that. Damn.

Whose Jeremy you ask? Jeremy, better used to be known as Aaron's best friend, now formally known as Aaron's biggest enemy. Why? Jeremy tried to kill Aaron because of his greed for money. His hatred for Aaron started when Aaron refused to work with him in his father's empire. He wanted them to rule the world together, side by side. Jeremy got jealous of how successful Aaron was becoming. He wanted to be like Aaron. He envied Aaron so much. Aaron was only following his father's dying wish. He couldn't bring an outsider into the family business; that was the main rule. His father had made it very clear to him, as they worked together, when he was young. His father had built him the empire. Aaron wasn't selfish. He wanted to help Jeremy, so he had started loaning him money. But as time went on, Aaron began to realise that Jeremy wasn't using the money that he was giving him wisely. He was using it for gambling and hiring prostitutes, and that didn't sit well with Aaron so....cut the deal off. He finally realised that; Jeremy was trying to milk him dry. He was enraged by that fact and never had a heart for Jeremy.

Jeremy later on revealed his true colours, (I wasn't surprised at all. Two-faced punk), and got involved with the wrong people, (I still believe that they had always been friends). He wanted to take out Aaron. I got word of his devious plan faster than he could open his dry wallet and told Aaron. He laughed about it; he couldn't believe that Jeremy would sell him short because of money. "That would be ridiculous," he said.

You see, no one in the business world liked the Valerons'. They could get whatever they wanted within a snap of a finger. They knew how to make business with people, owning hotels and companies around the world was what they were best at. When Aaron's dad passed on, the business world rejoiced, not knowing someone far better with twice his skills was going to take over. Aaron Valeron. Even the devil gets terrified when his feet touch the floor. He never failed to impress, yet he never wanted such a life. He lived in a dangerous world where only the fittest could survive. He needed to take care of his fathers' empire and his mother. How he hated money 'cause of what it did to Jeremy.

I was sitting in the young girl's ward. She had a bandage around her head, on her left arm and both her legs. Her injuries were minor and she had sustained little cuts on her body but nevertheless, she was still beautiful. Why did she save Aaron's life, though? Not that I was not thankful, but while others were minding their own business, she stood out and helped him. Why?

I wish I was there to help her out but, I came moments later when the car had already exploded. Let me tell you how I got away from the bad guys. So, the guys took me away and left Aaron to die. It didn't take long till I had regained consciousness, but due to the circumstances, I had to keep up the act. They put me in their car. I pretended to be unconscious to minimize the attention from me. I was looking for an opportunity to strike, when one of the men stepped out of the car, giving me a chance to escape. I opened my eyes and noticed a black metal pipe at my feet. There were only two ways of how the whole situation would've ended; with me dead or alive. The idiotic part was that I wasn't even tied up, were they even professionals? Well then, that wasn't my cup of tea. I took a deep breath, quickly grabbed the metal pipe and struck the man that was beside me in his, face as hard as I could. Then the two men in front looked back and tried to shoot at me. I jumped out of the car and ran as fast as my legs could take me. I wasn't lucky, though. A bullet hit my shoulder, but that didn't stop me. I was James Bond Junior, baby.

I had fun. I loved action.

Hey! Don't judge me.

I lived for danger, (wink, wink).

When Aaron got to the hospital, was rushed into the ICU because he had lost a lot of blood. My poor boy was shot twice. One bullet to his head and the other to his heart, (laughing)....oh so they thought. They had missed his heart with a few inches, yet he was still alive. My boy was strong.

How I heavily prayed that the bullet to his head worked wonders. That empty brain of his needed prayers. He must thank God for a second chance at life. He had to re-do his wrongs, starting with me. I deserved an apology. Yeah, he's my friend but tolerating his stupid decisions wasn't an easy thing.

Days passed and I noticed the young lady moving on her bed. At last! After days of being unconsciousness, she finally woke up.

POV: Isabel

My eyes felt heavy, as I could feel pain throughout my body. It hurt so much. What happened to me?

How long had I been out? As I saw a man beside my bed, I tried to move away but my body couldn't support my actions, due to the pain that it had endured.

"Are you alright?" asked the man, as he got closer.

"Stay away from me," I responded as I quickly tried to sit up.

"Relax, my name is James."

"What do you want?"

"I mean no harm. You're in the hospital. You saved my boss' life. He is the man that you saved from the car, if you can remember."

My memory started to recall everything that had happened in the last hours before I got here. My foot getting stuck between the seats before I could jump, and the explosion. That was all that I could recall. Then I woke up to see this man. Talking about man, where was the man that I had helped?

"The man that was in the car, is he okay? Did he make it?" I asked, concerned.

The man smiled at me. "He's fine. Actually, he's also in the same hospital."

I laid back with relief. "I'm glad."

"You risked your life for his, why?"

"Wouldn't you have done the same?"

"I would but come on, a stranger...really? What were you thinking? Especially in such a state."

I frowned at him. "Are you even listening to yourself? You just said that you would've done the same. By agreeing with me, it also means that, in whatever state the person may be in, you'll try your best to help. Stranger or not, we are still all human in the end."

Silence filled the room for a while.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share