Chapter 33

Isabel

I finally went on a date with Scott. He had to take me out during the day because James had said so. I didn't have a problem with it, actually...I loved it better during the day. He took me to a popular restaurant. He was the definition of a gentleman, I was treated right, he said the right words...it was great.

After a good date, he took me for stroll. He held my hand as he talked about his life adventures. He was a really nice, kind and gentle soul. "Thank you," he smiled as he gave my gave my hand a little squeeze.

"For what?"

"For actually giving me a chance. I never thought that you'd actually go out with me."

"Why not? You're a cool guy."

As much as I wanted to enjoy myself, Aaron kept on popping up in my head. Couldn't I just go out without thinking of Aaron? Such never happened after Josh, so why Aaron? Why him?

As I was shaking Aaron from my mind, Scott unexpectedly pulled me into his arms and kissed me. I pushed him away before he could deepen it. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"We can't do this," I managed to catch my breath. "This is wrong."

"Why not? I thought the feeling is mutual."

"I'm sorry, I don't like you in that kind of way. I'm really sorry," I said as I walked away from him.

I felt horrible for kissing Scott. It was killing me inside and it felt as if I had been unfaithful to Aaron. But we weren't even together so why did I feel like this? Like a million needles being pierced in my skin. It felt like torture, like a never ending nightmare. Why couldn't I get with someone and just be happy like Aaron had? I hated myself for still loving him.

Later that day, a week after my last encounter with Mrs Stella, I got a call from her asking me to come see her. She assured me that she wasn't going to put on anything funny. Honstely, I didn't want to go but yet again, I was curious of why she had wanted to see me. Having nothing to better to do with my time, I decided to go see her. And again, I found her near her white roses.

"I thought you wouldn't come after, what happened last time," she said as I was approaching.

She was right. "True but you said that it was urgent," I answered, as I came closer to her.

"Thank you and don't worry, I won't bring up the topic of you and my son. I called you hear for another reason."

She offered me a seat as she plucked a rose and gave it to me. I admired it. "Beautiful isn't it?" she said.

"Very," I replied as I looked up at her. "I'd never seen a white one before."

"These roses are a huge significance to me." she revealed, as she sat down next to me.

"Why?"