Chapter 24

Chapter 24

POV: Isabel
I didn't know whether to believe Aaron or not. Those were the exact words that I had wanted to hear. But it couldn't be real. Aaron was not able to be with one woman. I didn't want to risk my heart. He had hurt me too much already.

"Aaron, you cannot be in love with me," I said.
"Why not?"
"Because it's you. I mean, your class and my class----"
"You're talking gibberish."
"I have been hurt before. I'm not willing to out my heart on the line for you."
"Give me a chance to prove myself."
"We are two different people."
"I know the truth, Isabel."
"What are you talking about?"
"Janet told me why you left my house."

Silence filled the air. I didn't know how to respond. I never wanted him to find out. "That was a long time ago."
"Then why had you reacted to my article with the other girl? Why did you still bring it up?"
"Aaron, I have to go to work tomorrow. Can we please have this discussion another time?"
"You have a day off from work tomorrow."
"You're not my boss."
"I spoke to him before I came here."

I had forgotten that Aaron was well connected. "Why can't you just admit it?"
"Because I'm scared, Aaron. Your lifestyle scares me."
"I won't force you into anything. I just came over because the feeling was killing me. I'm now glad that I got to say it out to you. At least, you'll no more wonder why I had stayed away from you," he said as he wore his t-shirt and walked to the front.

Part of me didn't want to see him go. Couldn't he at least sleep over? I looked at the time and it read 4 AM. It was too late to go back, right?

POV: Aaron
My heart was at rest knowing that Isabel knew what I was felt for her. At least, I could stop avoiding her. Although, I was disappointed when she turned down the offer of being with me. I needed to give her space. She needed it.

"Aaron."

I turned back to Isabel. "Yeah?"
"It's 4 in the morning. Isn't too late to go?"

I smiled at the fact that she was worried about me. Also at the fact that she indirectly wanted me to sleep over. It was cute.

"Frankly, this is the time that I wake up before I go to work," I replied as I opened the door.

The disappointment that washed over her face caught my attention. "Oh, it's okay. I just thought that-----"
"If you want me to sleep over just say so."

She scratched the back of her head. "Can you?"
"Yeah," I agreed and closed the door.
"Thanks."

A little smile covered her face. "You know the way to your room, right?"
"I do."
"Good night."
"Good morning," I smiled as I walked towards my room.

She waved me goodbye as she went to her room.

POV: Isabel
I had slept like a baby. I was so at peace with everything. Usually, I would have bad dreams or I would wake up still tired but that day, that day was different. I didn't even need to worry about work because Aaron had dealt with it. I woke up so relaxed and so happy. I didn't know why.

Wait...Aaron, where was he? I quickly got out of my bed and when I got to the front door, I opened it to Aaron, who was already fully dressed.

"Morning," he smiled.
"Mo-rning. Uhm, what time is it?"
"10:37."
"Oh my gosh."
"I came to wake you up but you're already awake so, freshen up so we go out for breakfast."

I frowned at him. "Why?"
"There are no groceries. I wanted to serve you breakfast in bed but, fate had other ideas."

I was embarrassed. I had totally forgotten about the groceries. "You wanted to serve me breakfast in bed?"
"That's what I just said."

I just smiled at the thought of it. "Okay, give me 20 minutes."

I said that as I closed the door and ran into the shower. After I was done, I stepped out and found Aaron outside, talking on the phone. When he saw me, a smile lit up his face. "There you are," he said as he got off the phone.
"I'm ready."

He opened the passenger side for me. I got in and a few seconds later, he joined me inside. He took me to a café and ordered for me. "You'll love the food here."

20 minutes in, I could already spot people taking pictures of us. "Aren't you bothered by those people?" I asked.
"No, plus I'm proving to you that I'm not embarrassed to be seen out with you."
"This is what you always have to deal with?"

He nodded. "Aren't you going to work today?"
"I'm here with you. You really want me to go?"
"It's work. Your work."
"I can work from home, you know."

I just nodded as I continued eating my food. Shortly after we were done and I sipping my tea, a female waiter walked over to our table. As she cleared our table, she started a conversation with Aaron. "I can see that this is your favourite café, Mr Valeron," she smiled.
"Yeah, it is. I love the service here and the food is delicious," he smiled back.

I was sneaking an eye on them. She was totally flirting with him.

"Maybe someday you'll also take me out to your favourite restaurant."
"That discussion will be between you and my fine lady over there," he pointed out to me.

His fine lady? The girl looked at me and her smile faded. I smiled at her. She walked away in disgust. Eh, she was no competition.

"Never do that again," I laughed.
"You enjoyed the attention," he smirked.

Yeah, I did. "Your lady, really?"
"Don't forget fine," he smiled.
"Your fine lady?"
"Yeah, aren't you fine?"

I just shook my head at him. "You enjoy my company," he revealed.
"Says who?"
"It's obvious," he smiled as he revealed his deep, beautiful dimples.

I quietly continued drinking my tea.

Don't forget to comment vote and share