Chapter 15

Chapter 15

POV: Aaron

When I woke up, I removed the blanket and noticed that I was almost half naked. But how was the question. I didn't remember removing my clothes. Probably, Isabel had done it for me. I rubbed my eyes with my palms as I got up and walked to the bathroom, where I found everything provided for me. A toothbrush, tooth paste, a towel, foam bath and other stuff. It was as if she had been expecting me.

I took a long, refreshing shower. Afterwards, I wore the robe that had been provided for me by Isabel and went downstairs. I was expecting to find her there but she wasn't. Maybe she was in her room. That's when I saw a sticky note on the fridge. It was from Isabel. It read:

Hey Aaron

By the time you read this, I would be gone out for an hour or so. I have prepared breakfast for you, in case you're hungry and you're still around. I won't be gone for long.

Yours Bell (inserts a heart next to the name).

It was as if she had read my mind. Firstly, I was starving and secondly, my head hurt so much. I needed to take a painkiller or something. I know that I didn't have a migraine. It had been long since I had one. I sat at the kitchen counter as I tried to think of where my breakfast could've been. Thinking hurt.

I tried looking inside the fridge but I found nothing. No plate was on the dining table nor the kitchen counter. For a moment I had given up on where I could possibly look next until I saw the microwave. Of course! Why had I not thought of it earlier?

The food was in the microwave. A smile formed on my lips, as I noticed that she had made pan cakes with fried eggs on the side and toast. When was the last I ate home-made pancakes? It had been months since I had them. Janet loved making them and every time, I would go early to their house just to get some. My mom was allergic to them, so no pancakes were allowed in the house or anywhere near her. I could cook anything but pancakes. Funny, right?

When I was almost done with my breakfast, Isabel walked in with bags of groceries in her hands. For a moment, I thought that she had gone shopping for clothes. You know how women were, I was just pretty much used to it.

"A bit of help would be highly appreciated, thank you," she said, as she stopped and placed them on the floor.

I stood up and went to help her out. We packed away the groceries and then she joined me for breakfast.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" she asked.

"I just woke up," I chuckled.

"You aren't going to work?"

"Eventually, I have to go later on during the day."

"Wow, it's really weird seeing you like this."

"I'm human after all, I also have my lazy days."

She just nodded with a smile. Every time she smiled, it brought out her eyes as they sparkled. She had really big, beautiful, brown eyes.

"Sorry for coming at your house at such a late hour, last night," I apologised.

"It's fine. You were really exhausted and you just needed a place to lay your head. Totally understandable, but why do you overwork yourself?"

Overwork? I gave out a short laugh as she wasn't the first one to say that to me. "I guess, I just enjoy working. It's my happy place."

"But you have a family to go back to at the end of the day. I bet your mother is always worried."

I scratched the back of my neck as I pushed my empty plate away. "Not exactly. She got used to it," I replied, as I cleared my throat.