Chapter 47

Isabel

Aaron held my hand as we entered the reception. Truly it was a magnificent view. The church and reception decorations were breath taking. I was absolutely stunned. The crowd inside inside the reception gave us a standing ovation when we entered. We smiled passed all of them as Aaron led me to our table.

"Hi, Mrs Valeron, I'm still astonished that you're finally my wife." Aaron whispered in my ear.

I couldn't help but smile as guilt overwhelmed me. The burden was too heavy to carry. As remained seated for a while, it was my chance to expose myself. "Uhm...Aaron, I need to tell you something."

He brought my hand closer to his lips as he placed small kisses on it. "What do you want to tell me?

His dark eyes sparkled. "I'm sorry, Aaron. I, uhm...almost pulled out."

"I know," he sighed.

I could nothing but stare at him point blank. "How?"

"Janet told me."

"I don't understand. Why aren't  you angry?"

He smiled as he looked at me. "Why should I?"

I sank in deeper into my chair. "You did the right thing, so again I ask, why should I be angry?"

I pressed my lips together and faced down. "Hey," he responded as he made me look at him. "I'm proud of you. You chose me and that's what matters, thank you for that. I love you," he revealed as his thumb rubbed my hand.

I smiled at him. Oh, how did I get a man like him? So understanding and so loving, did I really deserve this?

***

James stood up with a glass of wine in his hand. "Attention!" he shouted, as began to hit his glass with a spoon. We all turned to look at him.

Aaron

"My name is James. Mostly known as the the Death Surviving Ninja, The Black Mamba, the Silent Killer, the Mad Gorilla, should I go on??" he bragged as laughter came from the crowd.

James should sit down with his lying lips. No one called him that. *laughing*

"That man seated near our lovely bride, near my bride, is Aaron Valeron. My brother from another mother. Since today is your big day, I'll go easy on you. Oh, by the way, ladies and gentlemen, I'm his best man," he spoke as he cleaned his suit. "To be honest, we weren't all expecting this. Not even his mother dreamt of him getting married. You should really feel blessed for having that woman by your side, Aaron. That woman has more bullet scars in her heart than I can count the bullet scars on my body. Alright, alright, serious business. Aaron my brother, you've just made the worst mistake of your life. Marriage is a trap! Imagine having to wake up in the middle of the night, just because you forgot to say goodnight to your wife. I'm talking about sleepless nights of your wife shouting at you, changing diapers, having to explain every single thing that you forgot to tell your wife because she found out first before you told her. Sleeping next to the same woman over and over again, sucks. Get a divorce as soon as possible, my friend. The single life rocks," he said and sat down.