Chapter 18

Chapter 18

POV: Isabel

The whole drive back home was very quiet. No one said a word. When we arrived at Aaron's house, I quickly ran up to my room. I was so embarrassed. Why didn't I snap or pull back from Aaron's touch? I thought about what James had said to me. Could I have really have fallen for Aaron? Was that the reason why I couldn't be in the same room as him, without snapping at him? With the thought that, over a hundred girls were treated the same way that he was treating me. What if all the girls that he had brought to his house had slept in my room? On the same bed, the same sheets, the same clothes that Aaron had given me to put on whilst I was staying over. I fell sick at that thought.

What was wrong with me? I couldn't think straight.

POV: Aaron

I didn't get why Isabel didn't snap at me or pull away, when I had tried leaning in for a kiss? Did I have an effect on her or...? She confused me a lot. And the funny part was that, I had actually wanted to kiss her. I wanted to taste her again. I wasn't ready for another fight with James.

Isabel was my friend. I needed to respect that. She meant a lot to me, no doubt. But I didn't want to lose her as a friend, either. At first, it was all fun and games but now, things were really becoming heated for me to control. If she didn't leave soon, I didn't know how I would control myself, next time.

The following day, I found her in the living room. I had come from the garage where, I remembered that we had bought ice-cream and had forgotten it in the car. I put the pots of ice-cream in the fridge as I noticed that there was already ice-cream in the fridge. Had Isabel lied to me to get out of the house? I went to join her in the living room with ice-cream for us. We were going to eat from one bowl of ice-cream, that's if she would want.

I sat next to her as I gave her a spoon. I started to eat. And that's when her question of the previous day hit me. "Why did you ask me that question?" I asked.

She frowned at me. "What? What question?"

"How many girls had been in my car?"

"I don't know. It just popped into my head."

"Obviously, there's a reason why you asked."

\

She remained quiet. "I just wanted to know."

"Why?"

"I was curious to know."

"And you expect me to believe that?

"It's your choice."

A smile formed on my lips. "Well, it's true. The only female to have been in my cars is Janet. You can ask her. Only because she's like family to me. No other female has been in my cars."

"And you expect me to believe that?"

"I'm not telling you to. I'm just telling you facts."

My fling buddies always travelled in company cars. My cars were for me and someone who was really special to me. I was picky guy. Not everyone deserved to know everything about me. I didn't work that way.

"And how many have entered your house?"

I laughed as I removed my spectacles. "If you're referring to females, you're the only one," I answered, as I put a spoon full of ice-cream in my mouth.

She smiled. She still didn't believe me. It was visible. "Not even your mother?"

I shook my head. What would my mother come looking for at my house? She only ended at the gate. Don't ask me why, I also didn't know. My house was like my room, you had to be damn special to get in. If not, we'd always meet at a hotel or something. It was my property and I could make any decisions that benefitted me at the end of the day.