Chapter 19

Chapter 19

POV: Janet
Aaron and James had travelled out of the country for a few weeks and had left Isabel in my care. It was going to be tough to look after her with the busy schedule that I had, but I had promised James that I would and I couldn’t turn back now.

The first week passed by without any complaints as Isabel and I hung out a lot. She had even told me about Roger and how Aaron had over-reacted when he saw her with him. Aaron had also told me what had happened that day, and that Jeremy was Roger. I had also explained to Isabel that Roger wasn’t his real name rather, he had lied to her knowing fully well that Aaron would show up to protect her.

“Aaron didn’t come to protect me, Janet. He came because he wanted to get Jeremy. If Jeremy wasn’t there, he too wouldn’t’ve been there,” she spit out.
“That’s not true. Aaron cares about you.”
“I wish I could say the same.”

I frowned at what she had said. “What happened at his house, Isabel? Ever since you left his house, you’ve spoken bitterly about him.”
“Nothing.”
“Oh c’mon, I won’t disclose what you tell me to anyone. I’m really worried about you.”

Silence filled the air. I sighed out of disappointment, as I knew that Isabel was too stubborn to change her mind.

“He kissed me,” she revealed in a low tone.

I raised my eyebrows in shock. “Again??”
“Twice.”

It was difficult for me to respond because I didn’t know what to say. I thought Aaron had changed. He wasn’t a bad guy……..I just (sighing), I was just disappointed. I couldn’t allow him to play Isabel. She mattered to me and I wouldn’t forgive myself if Aaron played her.

I know he was my friend but…..his history of women was making me think twice about everything. Yeah, maybe he had volunteered with a caring heart to take care of Isabel then later got tempted, but I still couldn’t stand for it.

“Why would he do that? Is that why you’re like this? I knew that trusting you in his care was a big mistake.”
“The reason behind my sudden behaviour is because…………”

Wow, James was right the whole time.

The following week, I was so occupied that I didn’t even get time to meet with Isabel. One day, I after work, I had found multiples calls from Isabel’s work place.
Why were they calling me? I hope Isabel didn’t do one of her disappearing acts again.
I called back and received disturbing news.

POV: Aaron
I had just come out from a meeting when I met James looking pale as if he had just seen a ghost. “Are you okay?” I asked him.

A few minutes later. “Get the jet ready,” I ordered, as I tried to keep my cool.

After hours of flying, when we finally landed, James’s men were already waiting for us with the cars ready. My body had never felt so tensed like the way it was, at that moment. James had been affected more than I had. He was much closer to Isabel and they practically treated each other as if they were one blood. He just wanted to see Isabel in one piece like he had left her. He kept pacing in the jet while we were all expected to be sitting. I could relate with his situation. I was just different, because I handled my anger in a calm manner. I was a quiet person with many dark secrets, a man of few words, if I could say.

ISABEL (Unedited)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara