Chapter 28

Isabel
My whole week had been busy. I was drowned by my work. I couldn't even remember the last time I slept nor talked to James or Aaron. All I knew was that Aaron and James had flown out of the country a week prior.

Gabriella and I finally had our talk. Nothing big, it was just a brief talk. It went well and we actually became really good colleagues, I can't say friends but who knows what the future holds? Linda was always a corner away from where we were. I think even Gabby noticed but as days progressed, Linda became invisible to us.

"I see that Gabby and you are becoming the best of friends," Linda smiled.

"She's a good person."

"Yeah, really nice. But I'm still warning you."

"Linda, leave the poor girl alone. She has a boyfriend," I whispered.

Linda's eyebrows shot up in shock. "She does? I mean, I won't be surprised but, she told you?"

"Yes!"

"And you believe?"

"She even showed me pictures."

"Pictures taken recently or...?

"I don't know."

Linda sighed as she flipped her hair back. "I thought you have trust issues with everyone one you meet?"

"I do."

"Then how do you trust Gabriella, all of a sudden?"

"I only talk to her as a colleague. We haven't discussed anything personal."

"Thanks how did she tell you about her boyfriend?" she asked, curious to know.

I almost responded till I realised that I didn't remember. I honestly had no idea of how she even brought her boyfriend up. "I don't remember, Linda."

She smiled and walked out.

As I was about to work on some papers, Kris opened my door and informed me that our boss was looking for me. I quickly got up and walked out of my office.

It was an hour later when I left my boss's office. As I was walking back to my office, I noticed how everyone was staring at me. I looked at my dressing but I found nothing wrong with it. I saw Linda talking to Kris but she was avoiding eye contact with me. What was going on?

I finally got to my office as I opened the door.

Nothing, absolutely nothing would've prepared me for that moment!

Aaron and Gabriella in my office. She was sitted on top of my desk and he was sitted in my seat. The moment he saw me, he jumped out from the seat and walked over to me as he wrapped me in a bear hug. He gave the warmest hugs, plus I also missed him. "No tienes idea de cuánto te he extrañado," his said in a whisper, as his hot breath fanned my neck; causing shivers down my spine. Let me not forget his strong scent. Whoa! It weakened my knees before he could even touch me, dang!