Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Aaron

My time away was amazing. I focusing on myself and my work, hoping to escape to another world, where no feelings existed. James was constantly checking up on me and I appreciated that. He was the only one that I had stayed in contact with. It was a really tough time but James was stubborn enough to be glued to me. I honestly didn't know how my life would be without him. He was a loyal, humble, god-fearing and trustworthy friend. But he was also the best human being you could ever meet.

On video call:

"So, when are you coming back?" asked James.

Silence filled the room as I thought about his question. "I don't know, man. I seriously don't," I honestly answered.

"I don't want to hear that."

"Hear what?"

"That you don't want to come back. Dude, it's just a girl, get over it!"

"I am coming back but not any time soon. Please try to understand my situation, Isabel isn't just any girl, James...and you know that."

"Okay, I'm sorry," he replied. "Your mom is worried sick about you."

"I spoke to to before I came."

"She wants you to be with her physically and close to her. Remember that ever since your dad passed on, you distanced yourself from her. Do you have any idea how that affected her? All your mother wants, her only wish is for your bond to return to the way it was before your big blow out. Aaron, have you realized that every time you get hurt, you hurt us? Have you? Have you ever just thought about staying close to the people that love and care for you when you're hurt? Have you ever just wondered why people stay close to those they love and care for when they get hurt? You should experience some healing from the people that love and care for you first, before making decisions that take a life time to get healing from." he said in frustration.