Chapter 41

Isabel

I slowly pulled back from Aaron's kiss and looked up at him. I took some time to process what had just happened. Had Aaron really kissed me? Was I hearing voices or did he actually confessed to being in love with me? For that moment, my heart rate was slow as I tried not to think of what we had gone through after our break-up, the pain that we caused each other. I was quite stunned when he didn't complain of any pain. Was it just for show when he flinching in pain earlier on? I was confused. "This is wrong," I said as I moved away from him.

"I know that you want me as much as I want you. This is right, we both love each other," he replied as he took steps towards me.

"Please, don't come any further," I begged as I stretched my hand in front of him.

"Why are you pushing me away? You don't have to fear me."

"You won't understand," I said as I took the tray and opened the door.

"Then make me understand," he gently said in a broken tone. He shut the door with his hand and looked at me, I closed my eyes as I forced back my tears.

"The love that I have for you is a burden to me. I regret it," I cried.

It didn't take long for his facial expression to change as he moved away from the door. "You don't mean that," he replied as he took a hold of my hand.

"I'm sorry," I said and left.

Aaron

Isabel didn't mean what she said, did she? I mean, had I hurt her that much that all our memories were a constant reminder of her hatred towards me? Surely, she now knew how I felt about her but didn't give back the same energy that I had expected from her. Was she eartnroken because of Ale? Was that why she regrets ever falling for me?

I just sat on my bed in silence as thoughts of Isabel consumed my mind. I wasn't ready to let her go again. Now she knew how I felt about her, the next step was to win her over. I needed her to know that I was serious about us. I wanted her back. I couldn't ven look at another woman without imagining Isabel. She was my drug.

A week later, my healing progressed tremendously as I could now bend my neck, whichever way I wanted. It felt good to be back at work, too. It was quite a loss that I didn't get to work with Isabel. The only reason why I had asked for her assistance at my company, was to spend much time with her. To look at her at whatever time e I wanted and just admire her beauty. Mushrooms cost me that opportunity.

Sadly, she had moved back to her own house and I couldn't see her without an invite any longer. Since I kissed her, I never see her again. She had left that night to go back to her house. My mother didn't even beg her to come back and I was really angry with that decision.

While I was at work, I got a call from James. He had told me that I needed to urgently rush to the hospital. Why? Because I was god-father. I left immediately and upon arriving at the hospital, I run into Isabel, who was going to the rest room. A shy smile formed on my lips as I secretly admired how beautiful she was. She just walked past me without a word. Indeed, things were awkward but not for me. I really needed to show her that we still had hope. Fate wanted us together, all the signs showed it.

I met James outside, talking on the phone. By the time he was done, Isabel was back. I know that it had only been a week but that was too long for me. I could be stubborn just as Isabel but I was being low-key for the time. Maybe this was God's working. This was him giving me a second shot at love with the same woman I fell for. "She's inside,'" revealed James.