Chapter 45

James

I just received the worst news I could possibly get. Aaron wasn't going to be too pleased when I tell him. This was the worst moment to have the kind of news I had. I had to tell Aaron while it was still early. I went to his office to tell him the news. Unfortunately, I found him talking to a group of clients, so I waited for him to finish then I signaled him. "Yeah, what is it?" he asked.

"Bad news, boss," I said.

"Spill," he replied with a straight face.

"Jeremy got released," I revealed.

"What! When? How?" he asked.

"Someone bailed him out yesterday."

"And you're telling me this today?" he asked.

"I got the information today," I admitted.

Aaron

I couldn't let Jeremy's release affect my plans. I had to go through with my wedding. But with  him roaming around the city meant that Isabel's life was in danger. I couldn't protect her before but I am ready to protect her now. Even if I had to put my life on the line, I'd protect Isabel with my last breath.

On the phone:

"Hola bebë," I said to Isabel.

"Hey, how are you?" she asked.

"I'm good. Will you be available for lunch?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Great, I'll pick you "

"Bye, kisses."

I had to think and act fast. Time was not on my side and Jeremy could strike any moment. Of all the days and he chose this one to get released. Who bailed him out, though?

When lunch came, I went to pick up Isabel and took her to a restaurant."How was work?"I asked.

"Tiring, what about you?"

"Busy...uhm, did you receive anything from anyone or any calls at all?"

She frowned"No, I didn't receive anything from anyone. Was I supposed to?"