Chapter 29

Isabel

"I'm sick and tired of her!," I pushed a chair in frustration.

"Then stop talking to her."

"She's everywhere. I will not fight for Aaron because of her. She's so fake, James!"

"Did you tell Aaron about the whole situation?"

"Why would I do that?"

I kept pacing back and forth as K tried to cool myself off. Gabriella was as fake as plastic. How could she do hat to me? Linda warned me but it didn't want to listen. "I don't even know how she got Aaron's number!"

"Did you ask Aaron?"

I stopped pacing and faced James. "I don't want to be right."

"You will never know till you ask."

"What if I'm right?"

"What if you're wrong?"

My head fell back as I tried not to make up any conclusions in my head. My trust issues were blowing out of proportion. It'll hurt me deeply if he gave his number but...it'll hurt me even more if he cheated. I know that I had to trust Aaron but looking at Gabriella and him, (inhaling deeply)...I sat down as my hands covered my face. Trusting someone was so hard for me.

I didn't grow up around trust; everybody lied to each other. Everyone hated each other! I basically grew up around fake love. Gaining my trust was a very difficult task. For example, James gained it by almost dying to save me. Who on this planet earth would sacrifice themselves to save another? James to me, was the definition of loyalty and trust. Even if we were in war, I'd know that he has my back.

Aaron on the other hand, had the looks and the charisma. But I mostly fell for his hidden personality. The one that he tries to bury yet it keeps on resurfacing. He was caring, very loving and mysterious. There were things about him that I was yet to discover.

"Imagine if Aaron was here and you said that you didn't trust him, do you know the implications of how he'd react? Do you have any idea of how differently he'll see you? Even if he's secretive about his feelings or not, you'll have to see a piece of him break because he's hurt. You cannot imagine how many times he heard those words, even from his own mother. All his life he was looked down upon because people didn't trust him to take over his father's empire. Imagine your father passing on and the people that are supposed to be mourning with you, are the ones belittling you into an unfertile future. If it wasn't for me... I'm not bragging nor am I lying but I'm just stating facts. If it wasn't for me, Aaron would've never taken over his father's empire. An empire that belonged to him," James revealed as he took a bite from his burger. "There's a lot that you don't know, Bell. I'm not on anyone's side because I love you both, I can't choose. All I can tell you is, the Aaron that j know, that I nurtured is a reliable, honest and a loving guy. Don't not allow a little bug to ruin what you have. It's not worth your time. Focus on you, on him and your future. But don't forget God."

He smiled at me as he took another enormous bite from his burger.

James