Chapter 7

Chapter 7

POV: Aaron

I was on my laptop, catching up with the current affairs of my businesses, when my mother entered the room. When I was in the hospital, my mother had to take over the current affairs of the company. It's not like it was her first time doing so. I mean, after my dad died, she had to take over the businesses and companies, while I got ready for the business world. I was experienced but, I wasn't fully ready to sit in my father's chair.

The passing of my father was hard on me. I had loved him so much, that I had to go to rehab. I couldn't cope with life, for I had not fully accepted his passing. It was a very difficult time for me.

Anyway, when I looked up at my mom, she had a glow on her face. Drat! I could tell that, she had bad news for me. I looked back at my laptop, hoping that she wouldn't ask anything stupid of me. She always surprised me nowadays. I wonder what her next surprise was.

"Morning son," she said, happily.

"Morning mother."

She pulled the laptop away from me. "Mo----"

"You're not supposed to be working. You need rest. I'm taking care of everything. Why can you not get that into your head?"

I laid back on my pillow, as I looked up at her. "What do you want, sweet mother of mine?"

"What are you talking about?" she asked, pretending not to know of what I was talking about.

She was up to something. She always acted weird when she wanted something. I had a feeling that I was part of her surprise. "I'm hosting a party tonight," she revealed.

And then she finally spilled the beans. I crossed my fingers that I wasn't invited. "So?"

"You're expected to be present."

"No," I dropped her flat.

"It's a Thank You party for Isabel."

"Who's that?"

"The girl that saved your life."

"Beautiful name. Okay, greet her for me."

"I'm talking about someone that risked their life to save yours. In the process, also getting hurt."

I just looked at her in silence.

"Are you coming?" she asked.

"No."

"A lot of beautiful girls will be there."

I frowned at her. "So?"

"You can interact with them."

"I'm not interested. Plus, you told me to rest."

I know that I had a reputation of being a man whore, but since my shooting, I realised that life was too short. Yeah, I enjoyed messing around with the ladies now and then but, I also had great amount of respect for them. I didn't use them, play them or their feelings. There was a mutual agreement and well, yeah. Things happened. I was young, after all, but that wasn't my excuse. I had changed, ok? I needed to take my life seriously.

"I wish that your father was still alive to see the type of person that you grew up to be. He would be very disappointed," she said, as she left my room.

POV: Isabel

I was so confused about what I was going to wear to Mrs Stellas' surprise for me. So, after work, I wasted no time and went directly home. I had to look elegant but I had no idea of where start. Regina tried helping me the previous night. I was only left with four dresses to choose from. I was not told of the time that I had to be there so, I didn't know whether I had to get ready right away or wait for her driver to come.