Chapter 48

Isabel

I woke up in the morning to the smell of Aaron's scent and the warmth of his body next to mine. He was peacefully asleep and I was laying on his chest, with the thoughts of last night going through my head. When I looked up to see his sleeping face, my eyes met his, his dark, beautiful eyes. For a moment, I got shy. "Hi," he smiled. A blush ran across my face, as I proceeded to bury my face in his chest. He shifted to sit upright and have a better look at me.

"How was your night?" he asked, his voice a little rusty and but still hot. He brushed back the hair that was in my face and I felt like a little girl, unable to meet his gaze.

I had never woken up next to him before but it was not the first time hearing his morning voice, so why was I so shy? Waking up next to him was something new to me and I liked it, I really liked it. "It was nice." Was all I could say.

Aaron's deep, beautiful dimples displayed on his face, as he could not stop gazing at me. "I loved it. It was worth the wait. I loved every moment and I want to thank you for trusting me and choosing me and saving yourself for me, I really appreciate you," he placed a kiss on my forehead.

I smiled up at him like a damn fool, his fool.

Aaron was really happy, not tensed, stressed, worried, but happy. I loved seeing him that way, with so much peace, love and calmness radiating from him. I on the other hand, had been eating so much. Weirdly, I was on my fourth meal and it was only lunch time. I guess, I was really happy and at peace for once in my life, not having to constantly watch my back. Guys, I am MARRIED! Who knew that Aaron and I would actually make it?

As I sat in my chair, reflecting on the journey that I had just had with Aaron, he stood at the door and crossed his arms. "Hi husband," I smiled at him.

"Hey wifey," he walked over to me and placed a kiss on my forehead. "What are you thinking about?"

"Us. I cannot believe that we are actually married," I teared up a little.

"Neither can I. Who would have predicted that the great Mr Valeron would ever get married?" He looked down at me. "I would do over and over again with you."

I stood up and faced him. "Let us get lunch, I know that you are hungry."
"You know your husband too well, but I am only hungry for you," he winked at me.

"You shall go hungry for the whole day then, husband," I kissed his cheek and walked past him.

"You are not serious, like babe, c'mon..." he begged in a low tone as he followed me.

I lowkey laughed at him.

***

During the course of the day, Aaron took me around the resort. It was so beautiful and the people there were so nice. We spent most of our time at the pool side, relaxing and spending some quality time with each other. I quickly snuck off to get something from the room but on the way back I met a man. "Good day ma'am, room service." He said, holding a tray of food.

"No, thank you." I answered and walked past him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," then Aaron appeared.

"Wifey," he called as he wrapped his arms around me and planted kisses on my neck. "Why did you sneak off?"