Chapter 36

Isabel

I woke up on a beautiful Saturday morning with a peaceful mind and a smile on my face. The whole event had gone perfectly. I had proved Mrs Stella right and didn't disappoint. But I had made one stupid move. I ended up calling Ale , Aaron. That memory couldn't escape my head. Although, one thing that I'd really give myself a hands up was, Aaron being there with his new beauty and I didn't pay attention. For most of the event, he was invisible to me and I liked that, I liked that a lot. I missed James. I looked all over for him at the event but I couldn't find him. Was it possible that Aaron had gone without him?

My phone vibrated on the other side of my bed. I stretched out my hand to it and brought it to my face. I received a text message from Ale. A sudden smile lit up my face as I remembered what a perfect date he was. And yes, I ended up giving him my number.

08:58 - Received
G

ood morning, precioso. I hope you had a blast last night. I was honoured to be your date for the evening but, I'm hoping for a real date. Tonight?

My smile faded from his text. He had fallen for me? But as I thought about it, could Ale be the one to take Aaron's lace in my heart? I mean, there could be a possibility of that happening.

As I was in my thinking state, Mrs Stella walked into my room. The instant I saw her smile, my  smile formed on my lips. There was just something about her smile that brought warmth and comfort in someone's heart.

"Good morning, my love," she said as she sat at my bed side.

"Morning, Mrs Stella," I replied.

"No, no...call me Stella," she smiled.

"Why?" I asked, curious.

She took a deep breath and looked at me. My eyes remained on her as I read her body language. I trusted the body language more than I trusted words. Some people were masters of deception, like they can lie straight to your face and you won't even doubt them. But then the body language will not go in en-sync with the lies. Something will just go off in your head and you will know right away that the person is lying.

"Ever since the day I gave you that project, I realised that I see myself in you," she revealed.

Huh?

"You went beyond my expectations at the event. The event was well planned and you showed up and stole the show. You looked so beautiful, Isabel. I want to be the mother that you never had while growing up. I want to be a mother figure to you. I've always wanted a daughter," she admitted as she took a hold of my hand in hers. "Can you possibly give me that opportunity?"

I honestly always saw Mrs Stella as a mother figure to me. She always gave me strength in my times of my weaknesses. She was gentle and pure, full of compassion and tender love. She understood me and knew me very well. I looked up to her and hoped that I could be just as strong and hard-working as she was. Who else could build an empire with a son like Aaron on their shoulders and still succeed? I loved her. Even if she didn't ask, she'd still be a mother to me.