Chapter 27

Isabel

My colleague from work, Jo-Anne, had an accident at home so, our boss had to replace her for the time being. We were to expect the replacement by today.

"Rumour has it that the replacement is a whore," said Linda.

"Same here," most of the staff members said in unison.

"Also that, if she sees your man, kiss your man goodbye. And she only dates rich men," she continued as she looked at me.

I laughed. "Where do you hear those things, Linda?"

"People talk."

"Aren't you afraid?" asked Kris.

"Of what?"

"For Gabriella to steal your man," Linda answered.

"That's her name?" I asked.

"Yep, most people call her Gabby. Even the name is bomb!"

"Well, no. I trust my man," I said, confidently.

Everyone started giving each other some kind of sign with their eyes. Truthfully, I trusted Aaron. And if the rumours are true, maybe it will give me a better opportunity to see if Aaron had really changed. This was his test and his actions were going to determine where our relationship stood.

"You sure?" asked Linda for affirmation.

I nodded as I took a sip from my mug of tea.

Not for long, we were called in for a staff meeting. Linda kept her eyes on me throughout the meeting. Basically, everyone was waiting for my reaction. I trusted Aaron and that was all that mattered. Trust.

"Gabriella here will be the replacement for Jo-Anne. Only until she recovers," announced Mr Benjamin, our boss.

"So, technically...she's only here for a month?" asked Kris.

"Yes."

Indeed, Gabriella was a bombshell. A brunette with long hair, long legs and a small waist. Every guy's dream girl, you can say. She for to be a model.