Chapter 43

Isabel

I was in my office when Aaron walked in. A smile lit up my face."How's my lady doing?" he asked as he closed the door behind him.

"I'm good, although...I wasn't expecting you," I responded curious.

He had brought along with him a bouquet of flowers as he came over to my side to give them to me. "Aaron, you can't be on this side. You're my guest and all my guests have their own special seats, behind you."

Aaron leaned into me, bringing his face closer to mine."But I'm a special guest.."

"Aaron please, you're gonna get me in trouble."

He put his hand under my chin as he made me look up at him."And if I don't?"

I let out a sigh as I knew how stubborn Aaron was. I heard the door open and before I knew it, Mrs Stella stood in front of us with files in her hands. Her facial expression was firm and very straight. I pushed Aaron away as I stood up. Tongue-tied, I tried as much as possible not to make eye contact with her.

"Aaron, what are you doing here?" Mrs Stella asked.

Aaron gave her a side smile."What do you think?" Aaron responded.

Aaron needed attitude adjustment classes.

"If you truly love Isabel, do her a favour and don't risk her job, okay?"

"She'll come work for me, anyway...right baby?" he said boldly as he faced me.

I didn't want to be involved in anything so I just quietly looked at him. "Isabel you've got work to do," said Mrs Stella as she handed me the files and left.

"Where were we?" Aaron asked, leaning into me again.

I moved away from him."You need to go, Aaron."

"Can I get a kiss first?"

I blew him a kiss.

"Very funny. Now, come here," he demanded.

I walked over to him and he pulled me closer to him."I wanna take you out tonight. Make up for the loss time...and have you alone without my mother interrupting us."