Chapter 13- It Just Takes a Second

Ed's POV

Andrea and Scott walked in with 2 bottles of wine, some vodka, and some other alcohol. I took a few bottles and we put them in the kitchen.

"You guys get some drink glasses out, I'll go get Tay."

Just then Austin and Matt came down.

"No Ed, let me."

He embarked up the stairs and I looked to my mum.

"Don't you dare say anything to her. She's already going through hell."

"Ok Ed." She retorted in a you-don't-talk-to-me-like-that tone.

I dismised the conversation and went back to getting everyone wine.

Austin's POV

I walked upstairs and went in to Taylor's room. I saw her lying in bed, but wanted to check on her, maybe have a quick talk. Me and Taylor are very close, she's not most big sisters. That obviously is partialy because she's famous, but she's a lot nicer and kinder than your average sister. I love her for that. Most people don't really know how close we are. I mean we talk constantly. When her and Ed get in a fight: she calls me. Hell she called me when she had her first time, ok maybe we are a little too close. Ok fine I told her when I had mine too. I finally get to her bed. I gently shake her: nothing. No matter how hard I shake her she remains still.

"MOM DAD ED HELP!" "Come on sis you have to wake up! Oh come on Taylor! This isn't funny anymore!"

My dad came up and pushed me back. My mom hugged me to her at the sight of a now untucked in Taylor. Cuts covered her arms and her usually tan skin was now pale. Ed went to the other side of the bed, pulling out a note. His eyes wide as he read the words written in Taylor's handwriting.

"It says: Dearest  family, I'm so sorry. I know this is cowardly and selfish, but it's become clear that staying alive is burdening you, so I've made the decision to end my selfishness. I know you're sad right now, but I promise you the pain will pass. It'll get better. I'll miss you, as I know you'll miss me, but just think of how much better you'll all be without me. Mom and Dad, I love you. Thanks for an amazing life. I love y'all so much. I'll see you in heaven some day a long ways from now. Austin thanks for always being here for me, keep up the good work in Notre Dame. I'll be watching over you. Make sure you find a good girl and when you do don't be afraid to fall. And tell the fans I love them. And finally my dearest Ed, I don't really know what to say. I love you so much. Thank you for everything. I know this will hurt you, but do you honestly wanna spend your life with collateral damage? I want you to release your beautiful music into the world and tour and win awards and build a legacy to leave behind. Please tell the fans I love them. Don't you worry, I'll be watching when you meet the right girl and when that happens, I want you to date her and marry her if she wants. And I want to see you make beautiful florecent children like we would've. please don't forget me, but if you do that's ok. So everyone I guess this is really the end. Tell Scott that  I would love if he realeased the new album and every few years released unreleased songs. See  you someday. It's up tp you what happenes to the house. Give mere love for me. I love all you. Good bye. Love, love, love -T- "  Ed choked out.

As he read those cut wrenching words, my dad called the ambulance and began doing cpr on my sister. Ed stood there hugging the letter, numb. I stood next to him re-reading every word my sister wrote. What if I was too late. I might just lose her this time. She might die. As my mom, Ed, and I stood there watching as my father feverishly pushed on Taylor's chest, we heard sirens. Ed's parents and brother came up when they saw the lights.

"What the bloody hell is happening?" His mom asked.

He numbly handed them the letter my sister wrote. She read it and gave it to me.

"She heard me." Ed nodded I was lost, but too numb to ask.

All I knew was that, that bitch had a hand in this. The medics came and talked to my dad as the rest of them put Taylor on a stretcher. 

"We can only take 2 with us. Who's coming?"

Ed looked at my parents.

"You guys go. I'll bring Austin.

"No. You and Austin go. We'll be close behind." My mother said. 

Me and Ed threw shoes on and got our phones running with the medics to the ambulance. We got in and were off.

-An hour later- Ed's POV 

Taylor's family, Matt, my father, and I were sitting in Taylor's room. All of us numb. She's pretty stable, but not in the clear. I told my mom she wasn't welcome near my fiance at the moment. It was clear that Taylor over heard her harsh words and that pushed her over the edge. The doctor told us that had we waited 5 minues more to find her, call the ambulance, and begin cpr: we would've lost her. They figured out that she had, yet again tried to OD. At least she did it in the least painful way. At least she did it in the way she could be saved from. I'm so happy she's ok, but part of me feels like this time she 100% wanted to see death. This time she had just shattered into 1,000,000 pieces. I kinda feel as though I should have let her peacefully pass, but I don't want to lose the love of my life. I need to do something, so i pull out my song book and begin to write random lyrics: Another life that's gone to waste Another light lost from your face It's complicated

 Suddeny, as I write this song the beeping on her machine goes crazy and her body jerks up and down. We're all pushed out as they try to revive her.

"Clear!" The doctor shouts as he rubs the things together and shocks her.

And it just takes a second, for my world to come crumbling down.