Chapter 20- Christmas Part 2

Ed's POV

Taylor and I went and sat around the tree. My Father and mother went to go pick up my beloved grandparents. We stayed by the tree for a few minutes but Taylor started shivering from the winter London air so I escorted her to the window seat by the fireplace. I pulled a green Christmas tree fleece blanket over us and turned on a children's holiday movie. Those were Taylor's favorite kind. I swear this girl is 8 and 80, although so am I. We decided to keep hunting for a better movie to watch I'd been scrolling for a minute when Taylor shot up.

"Look look! Love Actually is on can we please watch it?"

"Ok fine."

I turned it on because it was Taylor's favorite. It had just started and she was reciting the beginning with the narrator.

"But if you look.... love actually is all around."

"You've seen this too many times."

"But it's my favorite!"

"I know." I paused. "Do you want some popcorn and hot cocoa?"

"Yes please."

"Alright." As I was getting up she kissed my cheek.

"I'll be right back, love." She smiled that beautiful smile at me.

I went to the kitchen and put a bag of popcorn in for 2:40 because I like it a little burnt and then I started boiling some water on the stove. The popcorn soon finished and kettle screamed, I poured the water into 2 mugs and added the chocolate powder and some marshmellows. I poured the popcorn into a bowl and got everything to the family room. Taylor was curled up and lost in the movie. I went and place all our snacks on the table and then pulled her into my lap and covered both of us with the blanket. Once I was all snuggled in Taylor reached over and put the popcorn in her lap. She ate a few handfulls. She turned to me with a piece in between her lips. I was confused, but she leaned in a kissed me in order to give me a piece. I thought it was cute.

She put the now almost empty bowl down and grabbed both mugs, handing one to me. She held it in her hands to keep them warm, I did aswell. about ten minutes later we had both finished our drinks. She grabbed my mug from me and put them on the table. She then rotated to face me.

"You have a little chocolate on your face." She informed me.

"Where?"

She leaned over and pressed her lips to mine. "There."

Taylor and I continued watching the movie with are hands intertwined. When the movie was over we took all our dishes and cleaned them in the kitchen. As we were doing this my parents and grandparents entered the house. I was a little scared. My grandfather has had Alzheimer's for the last 20 years and everytime I see him he can't remeber me. It kills me a little everytime and now, knowing Taylor she'll grow close to him and it'll kill her too. 

"Ready to go meet my grandparents?"

"Yup."

Taylor's POV 

I watched as Ed approached his grandmother. He hugged her and then turned to his grandfather. Most people don't expect to not be remebered, but Ed knew. He shook his grandfather's and and curtly introduced himself.

"Hi! I'm Ed, your grandson."

 "hello Ed, nice to meet you."

I could see the ping of pain Ed felt when he couldn't even arise his memory of him. He told me that most times at some point of visiting him, his grandpa would get a small memory of him, even if only for a moment. After the event his grandma started walking to me where I was shyly standing behind the family.