How it was

"So Ed, can you tell me what happened the night you and Taylor met?"

"Well, we sat at my hotel and we spoke, I got very upset and walked out. I wound up walking out into the street hoping... hoping to.... to.." I couldn't bring myself to say the word.

"To die." My conselor finished for me.

"Yes."

"And why did you want that?"

"Because I hurt taylor, I cheated on her and broke her heart and everything is just getting so hard. I'm getting so much hate from the media and it just all hurts so much and I wish I could just end it."

"How long have you felt this way?"

"Since the night I left Taylors, so a few months."

"And after the night 2 weeks ago would you ever try to pursue on of those thoughts?"

"No,"

"Alright do you have anything else you want to discuss with me today?"

"Yes. How can I help things with Taylor? How can I help rebuild the trust and get us back to what we were?"

"Well I can't tell you the exact method. but the simpilest thing is make an effort to prove you're not doing anything. Even if that means calling to check in while your out. And with rebuilding the romance all you can do is ease into it and eventually it'll happen."

"Thank you. I'll see you in 2 weeks?"

"Yes. Have a nice day Ed."

I walk out to see Taylor sitting there in deep thought.

"Ready to go home Taylor?"

"What?"

"Wanna go home?"

"Oh yeah."

Soon after a long drive we reached home. Taylor went in and headed straight up to shower. I went up to do some unpacking. As I was putting some things away Taylor called for me.

"Ed, I forgot my towel it's in the room can you get it for me?"

I went and got it then walked into the room. I gave it to her and my eyes lingered as she dried off. I tried not to stare, I knew it was too early for any of that, but it made me think of all our times together. It made me want them, but I wasn't going to pursue it, she wouldn't like that.

I thought she hadn't noticed, but she made it a point to give me slight teases. Letting the towel slip and flipping her hair in the sexiest of ways, but I walked out before I lost control. I went dowstairs to watch some tv and then Taylor came down slightly in tears.

"What's a matter, love?"

"Why didn't you want me. I was doing that on purpose, do you not think I'm sexy anymore?"

"Hey of course I do, but I just moved back in yesterday. I didn't wanna push anything.  I want to, but I thought you weren't ready."

"Oh... I just thought maybe it'd be like it was before."

"I know... but it's not the same."

"But I want it to be."

"I do too."

"Then lets make it how it was. I'm willing to forgive you if you promise I'm the only one for you."

"Your more than the only one for me."

"Than lets let it be how it was."

I kissed her. The thing I missed most. In the midst of the kiss her phone began ringing playing her new single. She looked at it.

"It's just info on some promo and stuff."

"Ok."